PDA

View Full Version : Smileys Important Information

Matt
16-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi All

I have noticed some of you are using Smiley from a website called Smiley Central. On the surface they seem to be good fun and a good tool for adding Smileys. However the software is a sophisticated spyware tool and transmits information about your computer and usage. The active X component it installs can in some cases cause severe slow downs of internet connections and I would recommend that people remove it.

I am aware that we need more smileys ont he site and so today have added about 60 new ones. I will keep adding smileys as and when i can get my hands on them.

All the best Matt
Your caring webhost

^^^^666^^^^^^^^^

16-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I've had these for month's. Never had trouble with them, and even sent them to someone else on this site.............bugger, i was having soooooo much fun as well. Can you tell me how to remove them?? I'm not a computer nurde, so keep it simple please.

Paulene & Foxy?:)(*&

roadie2003
16-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I removed them quite sometime ago, because when i installed it, it completely destroyed Yahoo Messenger & MSN Messenger resulting in me having to virtually wipe everything associated with chat etc off my machine.

))_+_++~~

Matt
16-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Hi there

I would recommend going into your control panel and then into uninstall program...there should be an uninstall option there.

16-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys. I'll wait untilhubby gets home from work, and he can remove them for me. Noing me, i'd remove important stuff............I'm a bit daft like that_+++~~+_

Just noticed that some of the :Dyou have Matt, are on the :D that i have.(((((OOOLLL.

Paulene & Foxy?:)(*&

Esqulax
16-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Liking the new smileys Matt!r56^^^%%%

chuffer dandridge
16-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Hi chuffer here, I'm confused!! when I went to uninstall these smileys there is a link to http:/help.mywebsearch.com, when you look at this under FAQ'S it states that it does not contain any spyware I will uninstall to be on the safe side. I did wonder what the catch was!!

hugo
16-03-2005, 06:14 PM
If you are looking for some more smilies you also may look here:

http://www.mysmilie.de/

Though it's a German site I dont think you'll have any problems to use it. Just click on the smily you want and copy the link what is shown on the site's bottom for further use. The site is free of any spyware ore sh** like that.

16-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Have just done the deed Matt.

Hugo, just been to visit the German site and a free download link took me back to smiley central again. Don't know what to do now:(

Paulene & Foxy>:( I wish 1)

hugo
16-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Sorry, don't know where you found that free download link on mysmilie.de. Even whenI switch to the English version of that site - just found out that there is one :D- I always remain there.

You shall not download any smilies though, just click at one and copy/paste the link what is shown in that small line below all these smilies. It works fine andmeans nothing more than putting in a pic.

16-03-2005, 10:25 PM
No probs. Many Thanks Hugo:)

Paulene & Foxy>:(I wish 1)