PDA

View Full Version : Yank goes to local MB dealer-told to return end of April

Commander Cody
18-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Today I headed over to our local MB dealership ready to put my deposit down on a smart for 2. He mentioned how successful the Mini is and felt smart could be too. He pointed "over there" where he will be, hopefully, selling them. "I've hit pay dirt", I thought, but then he said to wait till the end of April and then we'll talk. :( Our fate lies in Herr Cordes April pronouncement. 56:@56:@

Esqulax
19-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Fingers are wel and truly crossed for you! Even if smart doesnt make it big across the pond, you will have one SERiOUSLY head turning car (Comparing it with all the other beasts on 'merican roads!)

Welcome to our little spot on the net by the way :)

19-03-2005, 11:14 AM
I remember all to well, when Foxy came off the Liverpoool boat at 6am. Milkmen and postel workers had to look twice. I can still recall the looks on there faces, ( i'm laughing now, it was soooooo funny). No one here had seen an aqua green smart before. When i took Fox Mulder to meet my parents, well peeps just stared. O.K, i got a few negative comment's from a few peep's, but hay, who care's, i don't. I love my car:D

Even the Queen of England has seen it. Prince Philip pointed it out to her, and she smiled.:D

So, just go for it Cody. It will turn heads for sure. Stand out from the rest.:D

Paulene & Foxy

AndyM
28-03-2005, 08:32 PM
If the Powers that be decide not to Enter the US market they really need to be replaced!it would be the best oppertunity for Smart to actually make a profit!Not to mention the help in the environmental problems we all have!

Commander Cody
12-04-2005, 05:35 PM
This is becoming a sorrowful tale. A week ago they said that the smart won't be coming stateside in the "foreseeable future". Then today in AutoWeek they say Smart may not be dead here. They go on to say they are accelerating development of the 2nd generation ForTwo in part due to the positive response to the existing model at the Detroit auto show. By the end of this month we will know what our future holds. And what they mean by "forseeable future". As far as heading to the dealer to drop a deposit - looks like I'll cut my engine and cool my tracks 'til I see which way the wind is blowing. 56:@^&*)::::