PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Thread

LucidSmart2005
18-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Please post any bugs, missing files, error messages etc in this thread.

Thanks ..

Lucid ;o)

TAIM
18-03-2010, 03:35 PM
copied over

there are two I can see

Horizontal scroll bars :eek:

You only get a reply with quote button (at least that's all I could see when logged out)

Horrible smilies :p;)

okay, that's three :)

[Lucid] - Horizontal scroll on Internet Explorer 6 and 7 browsers, nothing we can do as these browsers don't support the W3 Standards properly. Smilies will change back, as I'm not impressed with them either.

Mac3G
18-03-2010, 03:38 PM
the word welcome at the top of the page next to your username need to be a different colour.

Other then that, so far so good.

[Lucid] - In progress

Mac3G
18-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh and it's still the old smartz logo in the chat rom :D

ThatSmarts!
18-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Not really a bug, But I dont like the way the post backgrounds are white, as is the surrounding background. If the posts could be the same pale grey as this 'ere Quick Reply box what I am typing in right now it would be a lot easier on the eye.

[Lucid] - In progress

Mac3G
18-03-2010, 03:52 PM
another minor one and this is just coz I have issues with certain colours on colours is the tabs at the top forum, awards, chat room blah blah. Finding it hard to differentiate between the white and grey.

I have issues with greens/reds, whites/greys and the voilet end of the blue spectum, yet strangely not colour blind. I am a modern freak of nature. Fly to to holiday in Switzerland please.

[Lucid] - Noted and In progress.

pinger
18-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Can't it be like it used to be, ie when the 'what's new' is used, the already read threads, even though no new posts have been added, still appear, only fainter. This update seems to have deleted that feature.
Also, what happened to 'preview post'? Is it just me who can't find it or has it gone.
Don't mean to carp, and once used to update I'm sure to like it more! Has a crisp freshness to it I like already.
This wider reply box much better!!

[Lucid] - Looking into this

Yatesey
18-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I'd rather have a grey background, loving the new site though, at first I was like aaaaah, then it took my brain a whole 5 seconds to adjust and now I'm already forgetting the old one :D

maggi200
18-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Under the new awards section, it's not in order! :p

SuperStevie
18-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Can't it be like it used to be, ie when the 'what's new' is used, the already read threads, even though no new posts have been added, still appear, only fainter. This update seems to have deleted that feature.
Also, what happened to 'preview post'? Is it just me who can't find it or has it gone.
Don't mean to carp, and once used to update I'm sure to like it more! Has a crisp freshness to it I like already.
This wider reply box much better!!

I know what you mean, but there is a way of telling. The icons to the left of a topic are blue if they have new posts, and change to grey when you have read them

I'd rather have a grey background, loving the new site though, at first I was like aaaaah, then it took my brain a whole 5 seconds to adjust and now I'm already forgetting the old one :D

Not everyone liked it being all grey

Under the new awards section, it's not in order! :p

Sorted it now. it will take time to get my head around the system :)

Yatesey
18-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Not everyone liked it being all grey

It's ok, it's grown on me now haha http://www.smartmaniacs.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

pinger
18-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Congrats to all concerned.
No preview post required now as box much larger and quotes clearer.
The whole site looks as though it has had thorough spring clean. So crisp, so clean, so fresh, all that's lacking is a suitable aroma...

maggi200
18-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats to all concerned.
No preview post required now as box much larger and quotes clearer.
The whole site looks as though it has had thorough spring clean. So crisp, so clean, so fresh, all that's lacking is a suitable aroma...

We'll soon sort that out! Oh... and the site is running noticably quicker this end also. I'm also liking how the quick reply actually seems to have a use now! I like it on other forums but it was a hassle with the old forum

SuperStevie
18-03-2010, 06:09 PM
yeah I notice it running faster as well :)

Yatesey
18-03-2010, 06:18 PM
The site is running a lot faster, and I'm loving the notification thing :)

maggi200
18-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Lol mine just notified me that 3 people, who were already in my friends list, had just requested to be my friend. And they appeared at the top as already my friends, then in the box to approve at the bottom also. They were:

Stevie
David
Iain

Any ideas? Is it a glitch?

EDIT: it's now only showing these 3 people as my firneds, so I guess they got wiped and you lot were readding me? But why did it show I already had 18 friends?

Yatesey
18-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Lol mine just notified me that 3 people, who were already in my friends list, had just requested to be my friend. And they appeared at the top as already my friends, then in the box to approve at the bottom also. They were:

Stevie
David
Iain

EDIT: it's now only showing these 3 people as my firneds, so I guess they got wiped and you lot were readding me? But why did it show I already had 18 friends?

If you request someone as a friend then they instantly become your friend and on your list, but not for real untill they confirm!

SuperStevie
18-03-2010, 10:29 PM

Actually, just noticed there is also a little circle with downward pointing arrows to take you to the first unread post. if you've read that thread, thats not there

ThatSmarts!
19-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah that button is wicked! What is this whole friends thing for anyway?!

TAIM
19-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Not everyone liked it being all gay

:gather hear hear ( joke !)

What's the blank space at the bottom of http://www.smartz.co.uk/ for ?

so's we can stretch our legs ? ;)

and what's with the rather odd appearance of the smilies in the dozen or so you get to start with ?

they all look so faint ?, you can't tell which one is which..:confused:

Can you shuffle them around so we get some of the clearer ones there >>

As for the scroll bars I mentioned , that was on IE, on firefox they disappear, think it's down to the login box top right (when you're on IE)

[Lucid] - New smilies replace the old ones on default install, will put the old ones back as I agree.

Duncan.e
19-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Why is our only choice of language English (US) - most of us are from the UK and we should have that as the default surely?

[Lucid] - In progress, I don't like that either !

SuperStevie
19-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Thats to do with forum colour settings, not language. Default from forum software I think

ThatSmarts!
19-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Sometimes when i click the little 'go to last post' button, it stops a page short.

Yatesey
19-03-2010, 03:19 PM
There's this bug on here, it keeps showing up as a user called Thatsmarts!, Needs sorting out ;)

SuperStevie
19-03-2010, 03:20 PM
hmmm, why no change the number of posts per page from 10 to 40! That way you have less pages to scroll through :)

ThatSmarts!
19-03-2010, 03:28 PM
OH it's ok! It's goes to the first new unread post, not necessarily the last one! :)

Or_GazM
19-03-2010, 05:53 PM
another minor one and this is just coz I have issues with certain colours on colours is the tabs at the top forum, awards, chat room blah blah. Finding it hard to differentiate between the white and grey.

I have issues with greens/reds, whites/greys and the voilet end of the blue spectum, yet strangely not colour blind. I am a modern freak of nature. Fly to to holiday in Switzerland please.

VERY few people ARE actually "colour-blind", but MANY, like you, have a deficiency of the "cones" that differentiate between colurs. From what you describe, YOU have a lack of the red cones in your eyes. These are usually replaced, by nature, with rods...so you'll have better night vision than most.
Almost 10% of males have this to some degree or other.....

I bet you have trouble reading small black letters on a red background, or vice-versa....
Red on blue will dance before you....

Many more combinations....basically, 20 years ago, you would have been classed as Colour Blind...just like many of the people on here would have been classed as sexual anomalies!!!!

Now.....you're just a "deviant" ;-)

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/rodcone.html
Join the club!!!!

SuperStevie
19-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Now.....you're just a "deviant" ;-)

Explains a lot! lol

Or_GazM
19-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Why is our only choice of language English (US) - most of us are from the UK and we should have that as the default surely?

It HAS to be US English Duncan, otherwise most of the swear words would not show up :rolleyes:

Also, people would have to learn to spell.....WHOLE words....not just abbreviations :eek: (LOL....Luagh oot lowd)

Or_GazM
19-03-2010, 06:24 PM
"PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS ISSUES HERE"

I have issue 32 of "Bugs...The Creatures Within You"....1960's comic book....any offers?

(Have I missed something?.....)

STEVIE.....
" it will take time to get my head around the system".....did you miss Admins off the end of that sentence?:o

Or_GazM
19-03-2010, 06:35 PM

Stevie
David
Iain

I thought EVERYONE was supposed to be "friends" here....if that is NOT the case....where is the "enemies" list?????
Also, are firneds anything like gonads?....from the town Readding?

Or_GazM
19-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe you should make a point that members have to re-log in....there's more guests than members online at the moment....

ThatSmarts!
15-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Ok, just noticed this on a few posts: Sometimes when the text is too long to fit on one line the last word of the first line is repeated at the start of the second. This has just happened on my post in the 'What ya doing?' thread with the word 'hill', for example. I though I had made a typo but when I clicked the edit button the word 'hill' was only in the text once, but appeared twice on my saved post.