PDA

View Full Version : V17ENE Arrives This Week

K12THH
17-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Yes we were told yesterday that my wife's car has arrived and should be ready for collection this weekend

It's here 5 weeks earlier than expected

Yipppppeeeee

We are both very excited. pictures as soon as we can

Keith

roadie2003
17-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Eeeexcellent News! Getting a car early from smart is a blessing :shock: Mine was over a month late (was gonna be 2 but another car arrived at the showroom wit a slightly different spec, so i took it :D)

SuperStevie
17-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Excellent news Keith! bet your excited! I bet dinky is looking forward to some smart company too ;)he'll be showing off with all the stuff youve bought him hehe

K12THH
17-11-2004, 11:22 AM
i have just spoken to Gian at Smart of Aberdeen and we will collectDinky's Sisteron Fri night

Whoooppppeeeee

Keith

Matt
17-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi Keith, thats some excellent news. Will you run down what extras you had on Dinky Snr???????

K12THH
17-11-2004, 01:58 PM
She is a 1.1 passion

All Silver - Black Interior - Glass Roof - Cruiseline Alloys 8Spoke- 3rd Seatbelt & Headrest - Cockpit Clock & Temp Pods - Comfort Pack (Electric & Heated Mirrors, Electric rear windows, Twinface Armrest - Adj Lumber Support) - Multifunctional Steering Wheel - Radio 6 - Telephone installation

It was so long ago we ordered it i've forgotten

I think thats it

Keith

SuperStevie
17-11-2004, 02:27 PM
I seen an all silver one on forth bridge yesterday, think thats my favourite colour scheme keith! nice one :P

roadie2003
17-11-2004, 02:28 PM
A ForFour on the Forth, cool. (i can put my teeth back in after saying that lol) :P

K12THH
17-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Lol Roadie2003

It could of been worse A For Four on the Firth of Fourth at 04:04pm

(Teeth now back in)

roadie2003
17-11-2004, 02:42 PM
lmao :D:PIm eating a pasty at the moment, if i'd of saidthat there would now be pastry flakes all over my desk :D

SuperStevie
17-11-2004, 02:49 PM
such a nice thought :?lol

Smartall
17-11-2004, 10:44 PM
EXCELLENT NEWS KEITH......ABOUT TIME TOO....it seemed like Christmas was getting here earlier than your car!!:shock:

The spec. sounds ace.....SWWBO was on about the additional pods/clocks the other day, and they would look good as well as being functional...so may look at aftermarket purchase of these for SUZIE:cool:

I really hope that their promise is kept and we can chinwag about your new VIVIENE on Friday night!!!:D:D:D:cool:

Forfours.......a REAL alternative to the norm.:dude:

K12THH
18-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Even better news Smartall, I will be picking the car up so i will have the first drive, it may also be my last but atleast i willhave driven 50 mile before i hand over the keys

I will have to close the shop 1hr early on Fri and i hate the thought of loosing money, but i am sure it will be worth it

Keith

Smartall
18-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Nice one Keith...make the most of it..once Mrs Keith gets a hold....youve had it!!:?

As for the loss of money..

a) You tightwad!!

b) Its worth it

c) Tell everycustomer youre getting a Forfour...they'll pay extra to see it...money in the bank!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

K12THH
19-11-2004, 09:19 AM
V17ENE has just reminded me when she got her present car 3rys ago, I also collected from Aberdeen on the 19th Nov and it was snowing.

How weired is that same date, i collected it and it was snowing:D:D

Hope thats a good omen as we have had no bother with the present car

Keith

roadie2003
19-11-2004, 09:51 AM
(cue spooky music) oooOOOOOooo :cool:

Enjoy! :D

SuperStevie
19-11-2004, 11:20 AM
oooh spooky! hope all goes well!

Smartall
19-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Come on Keith.....dont keep us in suspenders!!!!

HeHe bet he's taken the Forfour for a drive...likes it soooooo much that he wont give it back to SWMBO:D:D.....

K12THH
20-11-2004, 08:39 AM
After all the hype V17ENE is still in Aberdeen:(:(

Story so Far

Set off into collect V17ENE and it was just a blizzard, it's only 48 mile but it took us 1.5hrs, when i arrived 5:30pm the sales guy said won't be long just doing another handover, (So i had a coffee).

At 5:55pm it was my turn (Excited or what), He went into the office to get tax on the car, about 2 mins later he came out of the office as white as a sheet, the insurance papers they had received were dated 9am 20/11/04, i then phoned the insurance company and asked if they could fax a copy through with the date 19/11/04 and a time of 6pm. They messed me about so much that we missed the deadline for taxing the car. The tax disc's must be issued before 6pm as the machine will not accept any details after 6pm (Security reasons).

So to round it off i,ve seen the car, i've sat in the car, i've started the car, but i was not allowed to drive the car.

I then set off home arriving home at 9pm, 5 hrs for nothing.

I am now collecting the car at 11am today.

I will say that Smart of Aberdeen tried everything in their powers to get me the car, but there was nothing else to try, They also offered to deliver it tonite, (Sorry to Gian the salesman as i am sure you can imagine the air was a very dark blue)

When i got home take what the insurance company got, i have told them the insurance will be cancelled on monday morning.

Oh well thats it life's a Bitch

Keith

PS By the way Vivien was happy also:shock::shock:

K12THH
20-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Thats me just leaving for Aberdeen again (Fingers Crosed)

Keith

Smartall
20-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Keith / Vivienne, we really feel for you, what a bummer!!:(

Makes you wonder what planet these insurance wallies are on!!:X

Good luck for this morning...fingers. toes, arms.roseced...damn cant type like that...anyway..good luck!!:cool:

K12THH
20-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks for that Smartall

That's me just home and all i can say is Fantastic:D

The car is everything i expected and more, i will write my full verdict and post pictures tomorrow, as i am busy in the shop

Keith

SuperStevie
20-11-2004, 05:19 PM
hey keith, glad you got it eventually! happy motoring ;)

33q33q
20-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Keith

Pleased you like it

I have my cruiselines on too. As the tyre people said...........it totally transforms it

(oh and not as much money left my pocket!!)

Trouble is no centre caps were supplied nor any chrome bolts - anyone know of a source - but not a Smart prices?

Camera time I think

Smartall
20-11-2004, 09:44 PM
:DEXCELLENT NEWS KEITH.....Get that camera-a-clicking....we are all like proud grandparents here!!:D

Trust me..it gets better!!

33q33q good news from you too.....same rules apply...piccies asap please!!

Good news at last hurrah!!, hurrah!!

K12THH
21-11-2004, 11:48 AM
After my drive back From Aberdeen yesterday the car was absolutly filthy so no pictures

Got up this morning washed her went inside for my chamois and guess what when i got out again it's a blizzard.

Waited for 1/2 hr to see what the weather was going to do, no use the car has a blanket of snow again:(:(:(

Apart from not getting pictures the car is really good, i have set the doors to lock when you move away, put the child locks on the rear doors, played with the computer (that is something else), looked high and low for the telephone installation and can't find it anywhere, fitted velour mats, fitted rubber mats over these they fit very well and look the biz, I like the armrest / cup holder nice touch, my wife likes the height adjustment on the drivers seat, (She's only small, bless her). Too many toys to play with in one night

Anyway i will get pictures ASAP

Keith

K12THH
22-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Now got the doors to lock after you start moving away.

Pictures as soon as it stops raining

Smartall
22-11-2004, 08:40 PM
K12THH wrote:
Pictures as soon as it stops raining

Dear All...this is Keith speak for..

"Its blooming cold....the cars minging......and I cant be arsed!!":D

Come on Keith.....we are waiting to see Vivienne in all her glory (oops...I DO mean the car..honest..sorry Vivienne..Mrs Keith!!):shock::?

K12THH
24-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Sorry everyone but it's dark when i leave for work and dark when i get home.

I have a few jobs to do to her on thurs night so i will have pictures by Fri I PROMISE SMARTALL.

I've started modding already.

1. Chrome Tax Disc Holder

2. Chrome B Sting Aerial

3. Velour Smart Mats

4. Rubber Matts

5. White LED Sidelights

6. Blue Headlights (Looks Nice as you will see on Fri)

7. 5.6" Headrest screens & Din Size DVD Player going in as soon as i get chance

Keith

roadie2003
24-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Cool, sounds like its gonna be even more of a stunner than how it was purchased :D:cool:

Smartall
24-11-2004, 09:00 PM
K12THH wrote:
Sorry everyone but it's dark when i leave for work and dark when i get home.

I have a few jobs to do to her on thurs night so i will have pictures by Fri I PROMISE SMARTALL.

I've started modding already.

1. Chrome Tax Disc Holder

2. Chrome B Sting Aerial

3. Velour Smart Mats

4. Rubber Matts

5. White LED Sidelights

6. Blue Headlights (Looks Nice as you will see on Fri)

7. 5.6" Headrest screens & Din Size DVD Player going in as soon as i get chance

Keith

Guess who owns a car accessory shop .........!!??

Keith..B sting aerials.......any good or do they really ruin the signal??

Blue headlights???...bulbs?????...or the REALLY pricey stuff?....stoopid question!!

Smartall
24-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Keith...question for you....

accessories suitable for fitment to Smarts......Fortwo / Roadies/ Forfours / etc...you'll have a good idea what's available....why not get a list made.....and post it on here.........never know..........might keep us happy and you in the manner to which you have been accustomed :cool::D