PDA

View Full Version : removing the ecu for remap

davidclayton
09-11-2005, 02:29 AM
i know that some companies allow you to send your ecu to them to remap it, and they will send it back [eg. smartbil]
"Not in Sweden or the U.K? Then you can always send us your ECU and we can upgrade the software for you and send it back!"

how easy is it to remove the ecu?
do they have to insert my ecu into one of their smarts to remap it,
or can connect to the ecu and remap it without using a smart?

the reason i ask is that i will be coming over to the UK [manchester] early next week in an unplanned rush to help my girlfriend get a car, and thought i might bring over my ecu and see if i could meet up with a tuner to remap it...

any ideas?

Big Performance
09-11-2005, 08:57 AM
http://************.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=27286
the bit that is * out should show smart maniacs

tom8481
09-11-2005, 01:13 PM
If you could wait 10 days then I'd recommend you bring the car over to the Scottish remap meet and get it done properly at a worthwhile price.

I think seacat(vomit comet) docks at Troon, which is only 2 hours away from the M74 remap meet. Ask the G/F if she could wait a while ;0)

davidclayton
09-11-2005, 01:50 PM
not possible. i have organised to view 2 cars on monday. they'll be gone if i wait longer...

Big Performance
09-11-2005, 03:09 PM
How much to get to dublin from Heathrow?

Find out and let me know.

davidclayton
09-11-2005, 04:39 PM
what day of the week would suit you best?

k_o
09-11-2005, 05:36 PM
I want to ask BigPerformance when is coming to Spain for a remap for the Forosmart Forum? And where, as I'm very interested in its Brabus Remap.

I thought about sending my ecu too, but each car is different and I think they must be tuned toghether(ECU and car)