PDA

View Full Version : A Service

LucidSmart2005
05-12-2005, 08:08 PM
How many of you have had Mobil 1 put back in on your A service, if you were barmy enough to go to a Merc Dealer ???

I booked the Coupe in, as I don't have time to go to an Indie, and they are charging me £21 more, for the oil stated in the manual .... bringing it in over £210 !!!! :( I feel an Email to DCUK coming on !!!

A Mitsi Evo VII was cheaper than this !!!

Roll on an Indie near me ....

damian aka LucidSmart

AndyM
05-12-2005, 09:03 PM
If you know of anyone going to Europe get them to bring a load back,its a lot lot cheaper over there,then supply your own oil for the service.

Sam
05-12-2005, 09:10 PM
jesus thats the most expensive 'a' ever in a smart get writing to them mate

LucidSmart2005
05-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Email Sent, Bet I don't get a reply !!!

I did comment that they were looking to break a record with the most expensive 'A' Service in History, but apparently it's the overheads ... so that's o.k then ...;)

damian aka LucidSmart

P.S - I have just had the email returned !!! Apparently the Email address on the website has been disabled ...

tankgirltaz
06-12-2005, 12:06 AM
P.S - I have just had the email returned !!! Apparently the Email address on the website has been disabled ...

PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear think there was to many complaints for them to handle??

LucidSmart2005
06-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Wooo Hooo, A reply !!!

The Offical Line from Smart Customer service is that they recommend Mobil-1 oil, 10w-40 and that they have a recommended price for servicing, but have no control on the Local Merc Dealerships Labour costs.

They asked if I wanted to register as a complaint, which I think everyone should.. These cars are sold as being cheap to run ... not at £211 an A service they are'nt !!!

Will update as soon as I get one !!

damian aka Lucidsmart

LucidSmart2005
15-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Service was carried out on monday .... Took 4 Hours !!! I did wonder if they were actually stripping it down and re-building !!!

They dropped the £34 extra charge for the Mobil-1, so making the grand total of £189. I had a letter confirming this today....

I won't be back ... I can go to Cambridge and back, pay for fuel and running costs and the service, and still be cheaper than that !!!:rolleyes:

But my moral stands, if you don't like it, complain .. MB were happy enough to take our money when we were buying, pity they still want a bit more every year !!!

damian aka LucidSmart

AndyM
15-12-2005, 11:37 PM
If i remember back there was a post pointing out that a Maybach was cheaper to service than a Smart 42.