PDA

View Full Version : In Car Video Experiments?

Ferrina
04-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Just wondered if anyone has had a go at filming some in car action when your out and about? I had a go with my old digital camera on the back bulkhead, but not that great. Hopefully Santa will bring a new camera this year, so I'll be out and about with some footage to show you soon.

Maximillian
05-12-2004, 12:37 AM
I've shot stills when the car was stationary but nothing moving yet

You really need something to fix the camera to properly, a decent tripod fixed to the floor (or wedged onto the seat even). Something with some kind of damper so that the camera doesn't shake too much on bumpy roads is preferable too. I shot some pictures at night from a moving car before and the shake was phenomenal, but luckily they still looked OK with the shakeyness.

notts-smartie
05-12-2004, 03:15 AM
I see technology has arrived on the "Dogging" scene :P:shock:;)

D. :dude:

Maximillian
05-12-2004, 04:56 AM
wait, I meant just pictures of the car :?

the night shots i refer to were just illuminated signposts flying past. I fear I may be in over my head here....

oliver.whittaker
05-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Ive done a few videos on board my current car (roadster coupe) and my old city-coupe when ive driven on track, i also fitted it onboard my mates car when we did the trackday. the footage came out really good! i run a waterproof bullet camera onboard my car linked upto the AV in on my digital camcorder, it works extremely well! and i find the footage is always impressive.

i have a few of these online, but one is available at the moment @ http://www.pistonheads.tv/clip193

you will need the latest quicktime player to view the movie.

i may well end up linking the camera up again very soon to do a run. i currently have my bulletcam mounted on the speedo couling as this seems to give a great drivers eye perspective!

I know a friend of mine ran his digital stills camera on interval mode when he did a trackday around Spa in his roadster coupe. i will try and dig out the link!

madDan
06-12-2004, 01:49 AM
I used my cam ages ago a good way to check off 0-60 times, using vid counter with a good view of speedo GPS etc, and believe me none mapped roadies do do sub 11 secs 0-60 and that's from pulling out of a junction.