PDA

View Full Version : Brabus Monobloc VI's - Not such a good idea now !!!

LucidSmart2005
05-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Hello All,

I want Monobloc wheels I said to myself ... so I got them ...

Pah, no one told me that they are a PITA to clean !! My Pash Alloys are far better the clean, as they are smooth, and shiney !!

Now, what do you good people use on your Mono's, I have used AG Wheel Cleaner, then polished off with AG EGP, which brings them up nice, but anyone gat a better combo .. Also, how do they cope in the long run, do they need refurbishing after time, laquer cracking etc ??

Cheers

damian aka LucidSmart

K12THH
06-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Damian
my wife has them on her for four, i wash them with shampoo,hot water and a sponge. no wheel cleaners.

I pass the sponge through the spokes and pass it all the way around the inside of the wheel.

This time of year i wipe the inside of the wheel with a sponge covered in vasaline after each wash, then put the sponge into a plastic bag until next time,

Takes me 5 minutes per wheel
They still look like they are brand new

Hope this helps

Keith

NeilOs
06-01-2006, 02:39 PM
IMHO I wouldn't use AG Clean Wheels. I've stopped using it on my alloys as the lacquer was starting to "lift"

Wash them with normal car shampoo. Give them a coating of either NXT wax or AG SRP and top it off with some sealent like EGP.

Dirt will then stick to the wax/coating and not the wheel. Couple of times doing this and thereafter just use normal car shampoo and the wheels will be easypeesy to clean and maintain.

davidclayton
06-01-2006, 06:59 PM
get some black stuff low dust brake pads

wadia860
07-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Did you get wider arches for the back wheels? I really want the Monoblock IV, but dont want to go through the hassle of buying new arches, getting them painted etc!!

LucidSmart2005
07-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Hello,

Mine is an i-move, so came with the mono's, but there are no arch extensions, and the tyres do not protrude out from the regular ones. I have read that the Cabrio is wider, but have not compared my coupe, and cabrio, cos I have better things to do !!!

The wheels themselves look great IMHO, and exactly what I wanted, pity that the surface is nor smooth, but a little ridged, and thus to clean requires quite a bit more effort.

Thanks for the advice so far, and I will be leaving the Clean wheels for the company car after Neilos advice !! I have sent an order off to cleanandshiney.co.uk for a wheel brush, and a few more items to make owning a white smart, with mono's a more rewarding experience !!

Cheers

Damian ±:o)