PDA

View Full Version : Screen wash

Julie T
12-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Topped upwasher fluid& put too much in. Bertie now has very full resevoir, big puddle of the stuff all over the garagefloor & I think most of it was sitting on the top of the bottle I mixed it in despite giving it a good shake. Next time, use small bottle.

AndyM
12-12-2004, 09:23 PM
LOL!Or read the manual and find out how much it holds!R)R)R)

Smartall
12-12-2004, 10:38 PM
LOL I topped up my washer bottle this morning after washing the car (u should see it now...waste of several minutes of my life!!) and managed to get more water over the bonnet than in the flamin hose leading to the reservoir. What were Smart thinking when they came up with that little gem??? Couldnt they have made an extendable hose?, a bit like the filler tubes on oil containers.

Julie T
13-12-2004, 07:24 PM
The manual says 3 litres. I was going for 2 litres just to be on the safe side as my washers seemed to be loosing a bit of their usual ability to spurt the stuff everywhere. At least they're back to full strength now!

Julie T
13-12-2004, 07:26 PM
As for putting in it I poured the stuff into a small funnel, it was very tricky.

Smartall
13-12-2004, 08:33 PM
U can just imagine it....

"We'll have a laugh ere.....the Brits will need to put water in the bottle cos they have minging roads over there....so lets make it oh so difficult somehow....mmmmm"

"I've got it.....hide the bugger under one of those slotted thingies..!! LOL

"Yeah...and.....lets make it so they can't see the filler neck..."

Peels of laughter....several Smart techies holding crotches in pant-wetting stylee.

"Then..get this......we'll put the filler so far down they'll need a funnel to reach it!!"

......................Mad rush to loo by several damp-trousered techies.

Esqulax
13-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Its no great shakes really. Just roll up some junk mail into a funnel.

AndyM
13-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Esqulax wrote:

Its no great shakes really. Just roll up some junk mail into a funnel.

I prefer a Students Dissertation that "just happened" to be lying about the place!:D:D

Look at his face!It's a Picture!!

Julie T
13-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Just had an idea. Squeezing it in from a big syringe could be a solution. Anyone got a turkey baster?

Matt
14-12-2004, 08:38 AM
My turkey baster is broken...snapped in two...don't want to talk about it ( hobbles around likea crab)...

Anyhow this is my top tip for winter happiness in your Smart. Pop to halfords and exploit there two big bottles of screen wash pre-mix for the price of one. Then get a big funnel........spend 4 minutes infront of the Smart, wonder where the screen wash is, attempt to force off the wrong filter cover.....then remember its the other side....turn the lock clip with some Smart ForFour keys....standard ForTwo ones don't work so well. Gently pull out filter casing....stick hand down and turn cap......think to yourself that you should have started this earlier as ambient light turns to utter darkness.....stick in funnel....then pour!!!!!

When full, put all parts back together and test....only to find out that the washer motor pump has packed in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:XSMART UK!!!!! ARGGGHGHHHHHH

roadie2003
14-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Or if you have a roadster, lift bonnet (front one) flip open cap, insert funnel, pour and enjoy :D:D

lil.smartie
14-12-2004, 10:22 AM
I don't know about the newer ones but my MK1's filler tube pulls out of the little holder and extends up so it is quite easy to fill. Just grab the top of the tube and pull straight up.

Kate

SMARTIE
14-12-2004, 12:15 PM
My Mk4 coupe'scan be a bit tricky to do, but with a steady hand and a measuring jug I got there, in the dark as well! Altho I think there is definatley an art to it - lol.. I too got the pink stuff from halfords on the 2 for 1 offer!!!! ;):P

Paul_in-Nottingham
14-12-2004, 05:10 PM
lil Smartie is right. You will find that the filler neck on the fourtwo is flexable (it is on my MK5 at least). It has a black coller around it which clips into come grooves.if you pull gently on it, you can release it and pull it up so it is outside the service vent.

It then becomes simple to fill, then just clip it back in again.

I'm pretty sure this is in the manual...:P

Esqulax
14-12-2004, 07:09 PM
mmmm I got Lemon Scented screen wash from halfords...mmmmmmm

AndyM
14-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Esqulax wrote:

mmmm I got Lemon Scented screen wash from halfords...mmmmmmm
Youre just a big Jessie Kolyn!R)R)R)

Julie T
14-12-2004, 07:48 PM
I've seen the scented stuff also. It could be better than the alcohol smell from the original washer fluid. The blue stuff that went on the floor didn't smell of anything.

Esqulax
16-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Yeah well Andy, your just a big...... just a big... erm....stupid...head... yeah!!!

Smart-Suits
16-12-2004, 12:54 PM
On Our Mk5 you just pull the neck and it will extend past the hole for easy filling

K12THH
16-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Esqulax wrote:

Yeah well Andy, your just a big...... just a big... erm....stupid...head... yeah!!!

PMSL:D:D:D:D:D

lil.smartie
16-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Smartie has the apple stuff from halfords! I just get laughed at for buying it!

Kate

K12THH
16-12-2004, 01:09 PM
i sell Cranberry, Forrest Fresh and Pineapple, it's very popular(Specially with the students):D:D:D

LOlSS)SS)SS)

Maximillian
16-12-2004, 02:42 PM
roadie2003 wrote:

Or if you have a roadster, lift bonnet (front one) flip open cap, insert funnel, pour and enjoy :D:D

I still managed to pour it all over the floor like a big dumbass :(

roadie2003
16-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Doh! Lol :P

Esqulax
16-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Max, dont be so hard on yourself! your not that big... :p

Keith i dont belive that.
a student? spendng money? and owning a car?

tinyrhino
19-12-2004, 12:04 AM
note to self:

stop when feet get wet:D

SMARTIE
20-12-2004, 11:59 AM
lil.smartie wrote:
Smartie has the apple stuff from halfords! I just get laughed at for buying it!

Kate

LOL - couldn't quite make out what smell it was, now I know!!!! ;)Thankfully there is nobody at home to laugh at my purchases now, probably just as well. :D

Maximillian
20-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Esqulax wrote:

Max, dont be so hard on yourself! your not that big... :p

Keith i dont belive that.
a student? spendng money? and owning a car?

hey I'm a student :X

Esqulax
20-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Really? I thought i was the only one!!
Horray!!