PDA

View Full Version : My Exhaust broke !!!!

nikmc
01-05-2006, 06:28 PM
On my way home tonight the bracket on my janspeed exhaust snapped !!!!

cant bl**dy believe it..:(

So..questions......

does anyone know if the bracket can be welded and if so is it worth doing ??? or am i better off looking for another exhaust.

which leads to my second question, anybody out there selling an exhaust, preferrably a twin janspeed or a nice sporty twin exit exhaust, preferrably with a CAT.

If anyone has one for sale please pm me or email me at nm009b5191@blueyonder.co.uk

im away to cry now until i get it fixed.:( :(

LucidSmart2005
01-05-2006, 08:14 PM
The Janspeed exhaust comes with a lifetime warranty so hopefully the bracket is covered too ... I would give them a call tomorrow and see what they say ... it's worth a try, else if the can has'nt been perforated, I would look up a welding company that can weld SS ... Cheaper than forking out £400 on another ....

damian aka LucidSmart

nikmc
01-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks Lucid, although the exhaust was 2nd hand when i bought it so i dont have any proof of purchase.

Well i managed to get a replacement standard exhaust for the time being.

Thanks to sam (mcsmarts) for that !!!

however it seems that the when the bracket has snapped it has put too much stress on the top bit of the exhaust and has cracked it.

I dont know if ill be able to get that bit sorted but will phone about tomorrow.

So i am still on the lookout for a new exhaust. If anyone out there selling one please let me know.

Thanks

Nick

roadie2003
02-05-2006, 09:07 AM
i thought janspeed were prone to (and well known for) snapping their brackets anyway?

If you're in the market for another zorst, try another brand. If not ignore me lol... Janspeed do sound nice tho :)

nikmc
02-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Well, fingers crossed, i spoke to the workshop in the college where i work and hopefully i can get them to weld the bracket back on and hopefully strengthen it up a bit. Problem is that the top pipe bit has also cracked under the stress of holding the weight of the exhaust when the bracket snapped.

If it cant be sorted then i will be looking for a replacement. A new janspeed would be nice but i will also be on the lookout for something different too.

:D

Sam
02-05-2006, 10:28 AM
well i hope they do fix it mate as it wont take long to bung back on

nikmc
02-05-2006, 10:36 AM
as grateful as i am for the replacement exhaust, every time i look at the valance and dont see the twin exhast sticking out the back, kinda brings a tear and a lump in my throat.

my poor smart is missing its tail. its been neutered lol!!!!!!!!

ach well ill find out later if it can be sorted.