PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fibre for everybody!

k_o
03-05-2006, 02:42 PM
HI! I just cobntacted with a company that does Cf parts on demand and ordered a rough quote for the bonnet as I have a spare one for making a mould.
I'd like to know how many of you would be interested in the thing.
I'll post the quote and they say it won't be that expensive if we do 50-70 bonnets.
Who would like a Cf bonnet?

Sam
03-05-2006, 02:47 PM
i would if not to expensive.....(and not in next two months..)

k_o
03-05-2006, 02:55 PM
i would if not to expensive.....(and not in next two months..)
I'm looking forward to getting the best price posssible.
Once I get the quote I'll begin to look for people that wants it.
It's a great oportunity to all those that wanted this otherwise fairly common Item in the car tuning world.
I find it extremely good looking, resistant to chips and small stones, light(shame it's at the front, but light anyways) and very exclusive.
I'll haggle guys!

Sam
03-05-2006, 03:07 PM
see i want mines done as i have a chip in it anyways

epitrochoid
03-05-2006, 03:28 PM
I'd be interested if the price wasnt insane

k_o
03-05-2006, 04:00 PM
I'd be interested if the price wasnt insane

It won't be if there's enough people.

Sam
03-05-2006, 04:03 PM
but then...and dont take this the wrong way

i woudlnt want it if 50 odd people have it, i like the car to be different

epitrochoid
03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
As long as the 50 people arent at the same meet at the same time! Its the same as any mod, it depends on whether you want the bonnet for scratch resistance, and lightweight, or to stick out at a meeting and turn heads. I think on my black roadster the CF would be really subtle and very effective

k_o
03-05-2006, 05:06 PM
As long as the 50 people arent at the same meet at the same time! Its the same as any mod, it depends on whether you want the bonnet for scratch resistance, and lightweight, or to stick out at a meeting and turn heads. I think on my black roadster the CF would be really subtle and very effective
I think exactly the same.
Come on guys 50 is really exclusive!!! There's noone that makes this! if you want a unique piece you can pay for it, but sooner or later someone is gonna mimic you! I really don't know about eny roasdter that has this mod. But hey, maybe there will be more!
And don't forget this is a unique ocasion and I'll gather people form spain, Uk, and Germany(and other coutries if I can) so there will be something like 10-15 in each country or less. What are the chances!
Would you not buy the lambo doors just because it's very common?

I apreciate that you spread the word. Remember this is not a job and I will not be making money, it's just for us all to have the chance of having this parts.
In the future and if this goes well, other parts will be made and that will be supplied to the Smart tuning stores so people can have it.
WHen you want something that's not there, either you make it or just hope someone will!

roadie2003
03-05-2006, 09:02 PM
I'd be interested in one too if the price wasnt astronomical.

Long term, i'd love a full set of CF panels :D

k_o
03-05-2006, 09:05 PM
me too! :D

epitrochoid
03-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Keep dreaming lol

Although you'd have the coolest car in the country. Did I hear somewhere that CF isn't completely UV stable?

k_o
03-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Keep dreaming lol

Although you'd have the coolest car in the country. Did I hear somewhere that CF isn't completely UV stable?

the resin they use for strenghning is UV proof.

epitrochoid
03-05-2006, 09:56 PM
ahh ok cool

Maximillian
03-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't mind a carbon fibre boot lid actually since I just made a mark on the edge of mine

k_o
03-05-2006, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't mind a carbon fibre boot lid actually since I just made a mark on the edge of mine

the boot lid should be simple, but not sure about the looks!

Big Performance
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
I had a quote done 2years ago for a boot and bonnet . Boot with integral spoiler.
Didnt have one response. That was a £500 a pop tho.

roadie2003
04-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Hmmm, well if a full set would be comaparable to a bloody good and unique respray, it may be worth it.....

I better get saving :D

k_o
04-05-2006, 10:52 PM
I had a quote done 2years ago for a boot and bonnet . Boot with integral spoiler.
Didnt have one response. That was a £500 a pop tho.

hopefully it will be less and they'll answer me!