PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best exhaust

roadie2003
10-05-2006, 11:57 AM
As the title suggests im interested in finding out which exhaust is the best on a roadie. Be it value for money, sound, strength, looks or a combination of all factors. All comments & opinions gratefully received....

So far ive found the following :-

Standard.
Brabus.
Blindy one (cant spell it).
S-Mann.
RS (from smartbil).
Janspeed.

What do you think of these? 1st hand experince would be a great help :)

Sam
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
price wise i woudl go wi the stealth janspeed, its nicely hidden and is better made than the old one, it will give a nice tune for £350

i wouldnt go brabus, personally there to quiet and you will need a rear valance as well if you pick a twin one (smartpartsdirect) do a rear diffuser for £60 ish and then u need it painted

so try out the janspeed as it will save cash and sounds great and no one will no its u making the noise!!!!

meknoy
10-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I recently bought the Janspeed Stealth from SAD at the nice sum of £350! think its £399 fitted...perhaps.
I liked the performance from it. It feels like a whole new car!! Very nice.
The sound however is not quite to my taste, but learning to live with it. Sounds quite sporty. The noise on tick over is lovely! But when you put your foot down it has a big groan. It seems to be to most peoples taste's. I'm sure you will like it!
As for the others I cant really account for as ive not had them before.
Hope you like what you buy anyway!

messerschmitt owner
10-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I've a blindy centre exit which makes the car look so much better - they need a zorst poking out the back!

The Brabus zorst is mild steel, will rust within 3 years and strangles performance. The standard zorts is free-er flowing.

Lots of the janspeed quad exit zorsts broke too

Blindy, S-mann, Janspeed stealth - take your pick!

Listen to a few cars to see if you could live with the noise.

Theny just go buy the one you prefer most.

Why not wait and get one at Smartbeat - where you'll be able to hear them all and see them all.

DO remember that on top of the price of a centre exit one you'll need to add about £200 for the valance and rear grilles

Campbell

Sam
10-05-2006, 01:59 PM
i will stick wi my sidewinder, but its not recommended if you dont like it as loud as a motorbike!!

roadie2003
10-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Cool, cheers chaps most helpful :)

Out of personal choice im not too bothered about noise as long as it isnt too loud (my big bore days are over lol). And as for looks buying the centre exit isnt too much of a problem either as i'd like to see my zorst poking out the back :D

Anyways, thanks so far guys, plenty of food for thought :)

Brian

messerschmitt owner
10-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Brian - SMann or Blindy then!

I find personally that the roadster is incomplete without a zorst out the back. The blindy is quite quiet but has obvious power benefits over the standard exhaust. It is cheaper than the brabus one too.

It is heavy so once fitted you do need to check the studs tio ensure they aren't working loose. Quality is amazing.

But it sounds good and I can hear my stereo (standard sound package speakers) over it.

I'm not going to try sway you over an S Mann - but I like it.

I just told my insurance company that I'd fitted a new stainless steel exhaust as a direct replacement for my mild steel one. They were happy with that. Did I forget to mention the word 'sports' - you know, I think I did.

bigblueboy
15-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Could someone tell me where can I find (and buy) a "blindy" exhaust?
I know Brabus, janspeed, but not "blindy".

Help me, please :( .

Good night :wave: !

LucidSmart2005
15-05-2006, 07:49 AM
www.smartsport.co.uk is the Blindy Site ....

www.wellsmart.co.uk now sell these as well as SRU ...

I got the janspeed for the cabrio, and it is great, burble on idle, good roar on accel. and a bit of backfire on engine braking !!! Crusining along at 70mph you wouldnt know it's there !!!, unless you then go and drive the girlie's Coupe ... it's too quiet !!

damian aka LucidSmart

bigblueboy
15-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks ;) .

:wave: