PDA

View Full Version : smart i-pod Cradle Fitting Instructions

LucidSmart2005
11-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Has anyone got the instructions to fit the i-pod cradle ??? I know I have one already on the i-move, but I want to remove it to do some work on it, and don't want to force anything ... so want to follow the instructions in reverse.

At a guess, I remove the Phone Holder from the gear selector with 4 screws, and then.. there maybe a set of screws on the reverse holding the cradle on ... But I would rather know what I am getting myself into first !!!

Cheers ...

damian aka LucidSmart

P.S - I'll drop some pictures on the gallery when I have finished this little project !!!

LucidSmart2005
14-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Bump, I am going out with the screwdriver later ... so wish me luck !!! But if anyone has an Idea of what I am going to encounter ...

Looking on the bright side, if I break it smart will only charge me £150 for a replacement !!!

damian aka LucidSmart

NeilOs
14-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Ain't got a clue.

Maybe worth dropping SPF a PM and asking if he can get hold of a set of instructions for one?

LucidSmart2005
14-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Just for everyone's info, the Ipod Cradle is held onto the phone console using 4 screws, which are then hidden under the aluminium panel. My Panel is glued on and thus It won't budge and I dont want to foul my plastic cradle by trying to lever it off ... Pah ... On to Plan B then ....

damian aka LucidSmart

roadie2003
14-05-2006, 12:34 PM
depending on what glue is used, wont it budge (or at least give a little) if u warmed it up with a hairdryer?