PDA

View Full Version : First Frost

K12THH
26-10-2004, 10:31 AM
Went out to my car this morning and just thought it was dew on the screen, started car put on wipers and it was frozen.

This caught me out as i had no de-icer. I will never hear the end of it from my wife as we own a car accessory shop and i have been stocked up with cases of de-icer for about 2 weeks

oh well i will take some home tonight

Maximillian
26-10-2004, 11:35 AM
I thought it was unsually cold this morning. Normally I walk to college, and don't have to drive until about 5.30 in the evening when it's time for work.

Time to break out the scarf and hat I think.

I bet it freezes tonight when I'm coming out of work then. And I don't have any de-icer either :X

Matt
26-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Yes it seems time for the thermal undies....

puresmartie
26-10-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm glad it's not just me who thinks it's freezing!

K12THH
26-10-2004, 12:42 PM
you've got the perfect Avatar for this time of yearRhiannon a polar bear lol

Smartall
26-10-2004, 07:31 PM
K12THH wrote:
you've got the perfect Avatar for this time of yearRhiannon a polar bear lolMore like a brass monkey...!!!:(

puresmartie
26-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Smartall wrote:
K12THH wrote:
you've got the perfect Avatar for this time of yearRhiannon a polar bear lolMore like a brass monkey...!!!:(LOL! That would be more appropriate! :D

AndyM
26-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Smartall wrote:
More like a brass monkey...!!!:(As to above, i am so retentive to know the origin of the above saying if anyone is interested?:D:D:DBack to the topic, wasnt that cold here but the temp was a cold 4 deg:D

Smartall
26-10-2004, 07:46 PM
AndyM wrote:
Smartall wrote:
More like a brass monkey...!!!:(As to above, i am so retentive to know the origin of the above saying if anyone is interested?:D:D:DBack to the topic, wasnt that cold here but the temp was a cold 4 deg:DMmmm???? you tease!!!!! Spill the beans....what IS the origin? or is it rude???:D:cool:

AndyM
26-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Ok are you sitting comfortably?I'll begin.:DIn the days of sail and when we were the scourge of the Seas,Cannon balls were kept on a cradle called a monkey.It was similar to a snooker rest connected to another X shaped rest by 3 bars.The cannon balls were then placed on said "Brass monkey"In cold weather the metals would contract thus making the cannon balls drop of.Hence the saying "cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey!":D:D:D:D

By the way i am Ex RN!:)

puresmartie
26-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Well, I didn't know that! Thanks for that, now I know :)

Lennie
26-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Never thought I would learn anything from you Andy you have just proven me wrong. ps saw you on never mind the Buzzcocks last night?

K12THH
27-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Oh well bang goes what i thought :shock::shock:

I won't post what i thought lol

Keith

puresmartie
27-10-2004, 03:17 PM
K12THH wrote:
Oh well bang goes what i thought :shock::shock:

I won't post what i thought lol

Keith

why not? ;)

AndyM
27-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Lennie wrote:
Never thought I would learn anything from you Andy you have just proven me wrong. ps saw you on never mind the Buzzcocks last night?

There you go Lennie!As to the second ,I presume you mean my alter ego Mr Phil Jupitus?At least you didnt say it was Johnny Vegas!:X:):):):)

You wouldnt believe the Trivia i have locked away!thanks to Radio 4!:D:D:D