PDA

View Full Version : Tan code misery

Matt
19-09-2006, 11:26 AM
I have been trying to get a dealer to do my radsters codes so that i can whack on a paddleshift wheel. I was given a price from Smart Derby of £67.60.......so i rang back today to book it in only to be told i was given the wrong price and that it would be around £170.00 plus VAT because they would insist on fitting the wheel.......

The problem seems to be with an ever decreasing dealer network im really quite limited in terms of who i can turn to.....does anyone have any other suggestions..

update.....I just rang Smart Tamworth and they said they would do the Tan and the fitting for £100.00 inc VAT which sounds pretty good, he said he couldn't understand what the additonal cost was for and that to generate a Tan code costs £15.00 not £85.00 like Derby were saying.

Anyone with experience here could really help me...cause im going boss-eyed!

Sam
19-09-2006, 11:38 AM
i had a total nightmare mate when i got them to do mines!!!!,

i had always thought i wonder what would happen if i just bought the brabus control box and do it the old fashioned way but that takes a lot of time

roadie2003
19-09-2006, 01:03 PM
get tamworth to put it in writing and take it to the head guy at derby and confront him with it saying ur taking ur findings of their price fixing to DCUK :D

Matt
19-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Cheers Brian

I do have one other question and this is down to me being a bit of a anal nutter.....the existing wheel has a slighlty darker airbag unit that matches the roadies interiour better than the one on the flappy paddle wheel.....in short can i swop over the airbag covers????? they look like the same sized unit.....

roadie2003
19-09-2006, 01:10 PM
yeah i think its a straight swap, make sure nothing is attached to the rear of it tho before you go pulling at them lol

Sam
19-09-2006, 01:16 PM
yes but i wouldnt as you need to open up the wheel, ever tried opening a 3 spoke wheel with paddles in them?? get ready to punch holes in it

look at it this way

brabus 3 spoke wheel with paddles (which you have) should sell £140 is i have seen them go for up to £200
dials - £80
and put in your £100

now you either get wellsmart to put in paddles for £300 ish or do it yourself for £200 ish

smartypartfast
20-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Tamworth are wrong!
TAN codes for key coding are £20 inc vat
TAN codes for Cruise, Paddle shift or Softouch are £100 inc vat.

Get a quote in writing from them and you will get the fitting and programming for free (with any luck!)

Matt
20-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Cheers all, I have decided to sell the steering wheel, after messing around with various dealerships i got an offer of £250.00 for the thing and have decided to put the money towards a new bathroom suite....

I know that sounds very boring but when the time is right i'll get myself on of those really sexy Brabus ones the V6 is it called......plus paddleshift's knowing me would = more speeding fines......