PDA

View Full Version : Smartzstock 2007 !!!!!

Puddlejumper
26-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Hey there people

Well ive just had email from the campsite (Parkfoot Holiday Park, Ullswater, Lake District) and the field is booked for this years Smartzstock!

They cant give us the whole field as i requested (altho god knows why) but they will seperate us and hopefully members of the public will read the signs this time lol :p

Camping costs are as follows :

2 people, 1 tent and 1 car = £14 per night - £10 per night deposit

Im collecting all the money this year so when i get things sorted, you will be sending all your deposits to me

Dates :

6th - 10th September

Im trying to arrange the Saturday nights entertainment (seeing bout booking the kareoke again)

Will keep ya posted on all other stuff as and when i know it lol :wave:

Sam
26-01-2007, 10:50 AM
twas great last year but i wish we had a our own field as i felt as if we had to keep it down, not our fault we are party animals :-)

well pj i will be there the whole time this time and will offer all servicing needs :-)

bennyx_o
26-01-2007, 11:43 AM
What if you asked for the larger field on the other side? It should be big enough to hold us all further away form the other campers causing less noise etc etc. Further away from the toilets though.

Puddlejumper
26-01-2007, 11:51 AM
What if you asked for the larger field on the other side? It should be big enough to hold us all further away form the other campers causing less noise etc etc. Further away from the toilets though.

If we do tht like u sed we will be further away from toilets and tbh id rather be close to them and the showers lol but if members of public looked properly at tht sign we should have had the whole left hand side of tht field to ourselves anyway :rolleyes:

I think we will be ok, we didnt really get yelled at for the noise levels coz if you think about it, if we were that bad they wouldnt want us bk :D

LucidSmart2005
26-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I'll be there, Thurs - Mon hopefully ...

damian aka LucidSmart

P.S - Just so everyone reading this knows, it was'nt that noisey .. I didnt hear a thing, not even Sam !!!

ICY
26-01-2007, 06:51 PM
If we do tht like u sed we will be further away from toilets and tbh id rather be close to them and the showers lol but if members of public looked properly at tht sign we should have had the whole left hand side of tht field to ourselves anyway :rolleyes:

I think we will be ok, we didnt really get yelled at for the noise levels coz if you think about it, if we were that bad they wouldnt want us bk :D

So you missed the security coming round a few times telling us all to keep it down.

As for the next field they usually close the field to allow the grass to recover from the summer campers, as for toilets there is a toilet block in the far field.

Puddlejumper
26-01-2007, 07:01 PM
So you missed the security coming round a few times telling us all to keep it down.

Nope i didnt miss them but if we made tht much noise they wudnt have wanted us bk would they :rolleyes:

Are you 2 coming then ??

smartroad
26-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Had fun last year, but can't do it again this year, is the begining of the new term in the college so I could only come for the WE and that is just too short for the 6 hours drive for each direction. Have fun tho :D

Sarah
26-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Nope i didnt miss them but if we made tht much noise they wudnt have wanted us bk would they :rolleyes:

Are you 2 coming then ??

we're still looking at dates for the wedding and 8th Sept is one of them so depends on when we decide to have the wedding

Mark F
26-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Ill be there, and kelvin if u wanna sort somethin ;)

Sam
27-01-2007, 10:29 AM
u cummin on to him mark....

tbh i think being beside the toilets was good but there were bushes near us :-)

fookin loved last year though, the BEST smart event in my own opinion

bennyx_o
27-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Agreed, but then SS was the first smart event I've been to

smartypantz
27-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Yep, I'll be there!! Last year was a hoot!

And Benny, try'in keep the wheels on the ground this time!!! :p :D :rolleyes:

Puddlejumper
27-01-2007, 04:40 PM
im glad everyone tht went last yr are going again this year, means i did a good job last yr lol :D

Candy and Icy i hope the wedding plans are going good and i hope u manage to get to smartzstock :)

SusieSmart
28-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Definately gonna be coming again this year it was brilliant last year. Although i have still not paid off Kev's credit card yet :S lol.

I should be passed my test by then so don't worry Kirsty no slow drives this time lol.

S xxx

SMARTIE
28-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Had a fab time last year so will again be going for the whole thing this year. Work have already been told they cant call me in at the last minute this time!!! Plus I might even have the viper smart with me - dozy drivers permitting lol....;) :D

Annie & Bertie
28-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Count me and Bertie in please!!!

Puddlejumper
28-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Count me and Bertie in please!!!

Hey there thought ud fallen off the planet lol :D will be nice to see ya again :wave:

SuperStevie
29-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Andy and I will be there! It was a fantastic event last year!! Although i think kareoke should be given a miss by us this year lol

As for people not reading the signs, Cant we make them BIGGER this year?? And BRIGHTER??

Puddlejumper
29-01-2007, 12:17 PM
it was the campsite that made tht sign but i suppose we could make one and swap them over lol then public might see them :D

lil.smartie
29-01-2007, 01:12 PM
We'll be there, just no more 10 hr 'drive outs' in circles please! lol

Kate

Blue Boy Brabus
29-01-2007, 03:48 PM
sadly we will not be camping this year but we will still come down on the saturday with little b and freddie,

Andy

Puddlejumper
29-01-2007, 06:25 PM
We'll be there, just no more 10 hr 'drive outs' in circles please! lol

Kate

So we took wrong turn once, we all still had excellent time and havent heard anything but good things bout the drive! lol :p

Sarah
29-01-2007, 07:30 PM
we've set the date of the wedding now, and it doesnt fall on these dates so we'll be there :D

coolfart
29-01-2007, 09:56 PM
we've set the date of the wedding now, and it doesnt fall on these dates so we'll be there :D

So is everyone invited????......or are you having honeymoon in the Lakes??? lol

I'll be there whatever happens.......book the sunshine please!

Sarah
29-01-2007, 09:59 PM
are you having honeymoon in the Lakes??? lol

not a chance, canada for us, and wedding is after smartzstock :D

Annie & Bertie
29-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey there thought ud fallen off the planet lol :D will be nice to see ya again :wave:

We're still here! Just got lots on at the mo and not much time to sit and play on my computer.....besides the fact that my wireless is rubbish (just ask Bri !!)

Looking forward to SS 07 already - Ben and Charlie will be there too in the Smart support vehicle (Renault Clio!) but I refuse to share a tent with anyone who :
A - takes no money
B - can't be arsed to help pitch the tent they are stopping in
C - moans they want beer or food or both when they didn't bring any
D - snores!

Maybe see some if you at a meet before then......if I find out about any before the day they are happening!! How was Sunday by the way??
A & B xx

roadie2003
30-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Yup, annies wireless is rubbish lol, cant beat a bit of good old copper wire :)

Dam!, im struck out on clause D :p pmsl!

ian_c
11-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Is anyone bringing little 'uns? Certainly tempted to come up for a couple of nights, but will be bringing my offspring also!

(girls, 3, 5, and 7)

Mark F
11-03-2007, 08:36 PM
u cummin on to him mark....

I mite but he wouldn have me :(

I think where we were last year was a good spot too, this year i thinkin i mite actually be drinkin aswell :D

coolfart
11-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Is anyone bringing little 'uns? Certainly tempted to come up for a couple of nights, but will be bringing my offspring also!

(girls, 3, 5, and 7)

How the hell are you gonna fit that lot in a roadie???

ian_c
11-03-2007, 11:06 PM
How the hell are you gonna fit that lot in a roadie???

My tent won't fit in the roadie, so will bring the support vehicle also, a Merc Vaneo.

Sarah
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM

(girls, 3, 5, and 7)

tbh I wouldnt bring our kids (well my other halfs kids they're 3 and 5) only because I'm selfish and would want to have a drink and not be entertaining them all the time, plus I think they'd be too cold sleeping in a tent and quite bored. However its up to you.

ian_c
12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
tbh I wouldnt bring our kids (well my other halfs kids they're 3 and 5) only because I'm selfish and would want to have a drink and not be entertaining them all the time, plus I think they'd be too cold sleeping in a tent and quite bored. However its up to you.

Well, they are used to \ love camping, give them some sunshine and a field to run round in, and they are happy....

..that said, if it is mainly a drinking \ adult event, then I will reconsider.

Sarah
12-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Well, they are used to \ love camping, give them some sunshine and a field to run round in, and they are happy....

..that said, if it is mainly a drinking \ adult event, then I will reconsider.

its mainly a drinking event in the evening (for some, not all) however during the day its very child friendly :D and if they love camping theres no reason why they wouldn't have a good time!

Puddlejumper
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
hey there Ian

As CP said i wouldnt bring kids with me on this wkend, we had one last yr but he was only a baby, but kids the ages of urs need entertaining and there isnt much to do at the campsite we go to, also im not sure about the club house rules on kids.

It really is just a drinking kinda wkend, although thats not all we do, last yr there was treasure hunt, quiz, raffle, drive over passes in Windermere, kareoke etc, late nights :D

Again like CP said its totally up to you and if you decided to being them with you let me know and i will check what the campsite says :)

Littlerou
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Ian .....

just to let you know my mum has visited this campsite on several occasions taking my youngest sister, my nephew and a couple of his friends with her on each occasion and they have never been disappointed :D there is loads for kids to do if they love camping then they'll no doubt love all the different things that go along with it :D after having a look at the website for the campsite you'll find there is quite a few kids in the pictures which have been taken in the clubhouse and they have stated on there website that children are allowed in the club house when accompanied by an adult, so personally I can't see any reason why you don't bring the kids with you :D the only thing I (and Fi on the phone) would suggest is that you pitch your tent close to the edge of the field away from some of the noisier members ;) :D

HTH :D

website for campsite CLICK HERE (http://www.parkfootullswater.co.uk/index.html)

Puddlejumper
12-03-2007, 09:44 PM
well like everyones saying hun its up to you, if you wanna take your kids along then feel free too :D

ian_c
16-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the comments, I think it would be best to give this one a miss.

Sam
16-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Ian, dont be daft mate bring the kids, as long as YOU dont mind them then thats all that matters

dont miss out, the more the merrier

ICY
16-03-2007, 04:35 PM
the only thing I (and Fi on the phone) would suggest is that you pitch your tent close to the edge of the field away from some of the noisier members ;) :D

"WE KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING" :rolleyes: :p

Littlerou
16-03-2007, 06:56 PM
"WE KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING" :rolleyes: :p

lmao!!! you started it :p

'OH NO YOU DON'T' :p ;)

Sarah
16-03-2007, 07:19 PM
can I have my tent faaaar away from icy :D

Littlerou
16-03-2007, 08:52 PM
You bringing two tents this year then Mrs Icypants :D :p lol

Sarah
17-03-2007, 10:20 AM
You bringing two tents this year then Mrs Icypants :D :p lol

maybe just to get away from his snoring lol :D ;)

ICY
17-03-2007, 11:05 AM
oi i dont snore lol

i think there were some more worrying noises than me snoring anyway pmsl

Sarah
17-03-2007, 11:09 AM
oi i dont snore lol

i think there were some more worrying noises than me snoring anyway pmsl

such as ? :p

ICY
17-03-2007, 11:14 AM
not on the bloody pizza

ICY
17-03-2007, 11:14 AM
heave

splatter

ICY
17-03-2007, 11:15 AM
and numerous other grunts and snorts

Littlerou
17-03-2007, 07:38 PM
oh it was an eventful weekend even if the noises in the night were the only thing to go by lol

Puddlejumper
17-03-2007, 07:42 PM
come on you lot we trying to get people there not drive them away, at least wait till we get there before telling people bout all the noises in the night lol :D

Mass Horn Honker
19-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Pj beware of things that go *bump* in the night this year !!!