PDA

View Full Version : Mercman

mercman
16-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone I am a new member with a problem, I have had many Smarts being in the motor business here in Spain, and I have recently retired and decided to keep two for my own use when going into the City or whatever, I have a Pure diesel 2001 only done 37,000 kmts in black, and a convertible 2001 with 57,000 kmts, the black diesel has never been any trouble, but the convertible petrol one seems to have a problem with the electrics, just over one year ago I went to it and it just wouldn't start, so I sent it to our local Mercedes agents and they had it for 3 months, and when they returned it with a bill for 900 €uros they said the key was the problem, since then the radio has not worked either, the car has been knowhere, only done 80 kmts in the last year, and I went to it the other day to take it out and the same problem again, the N will not come up on the dash only ---- it would be interesting to know if anyone else has had this problem, and what they did to cure it.

Anon
16-10-2007, 11:03 PM
What comes up instead of 'N'? I ask because what ever comes up relates to different parts of the car.

Three dashes relates to gear fault, one dash relates to a CAN fault and so on...

mercman
11-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Does anyone out there know if there is any way of removing the ignition system from a Smart 4-2 year 2002, and replace it with a normal ignition system, has anyone done it, if so how please.:

TAIM
11-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Does anyone out there know if there is any way of removing the ignition system from a Smart 4-2 year 2002, and replace it with a normal ignition system, has anyone done it, if so how please.:

What on EARTH for ?:eek: :o

Normal

you mean a dizzy and points ? :gather

TAIM
11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I won't have to wait 2 and half years for no answer will I ? :D

Defiant
11-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I won't have to wait 2 and half years for no answer will I ? :D

:laugh: :smartbs:

rlongney
11-03-2010, 09:07 PM
:RS-c.gl.z if vehicle will not start, and no N in the window - jab footbrake at the same time as selecting gear. I am assuming that this vehicle is semi-automatic; gear selection by tip-tronic where you have paddles each side behind the steeringwheel. If a key shows in the window (shape of a doorkey)use the ignition key as to unlock the car inb the normal way. Then N should should show in the window. I hope this solves the problem.

TAIM
11-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I am assuming that this vehicle is semi-automatic

All the fortwos are semi auto:rolleyes:;)

ThatSmarts!
11-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Where did my post go?! I said this has to be the most random 'BUMP' I've ever encountered. Amazing. Hall of fame for you! :) Hope you're prob gets sorted, sorry I can't help but I think if you search there is a lot of information about the problem you have on here.