PDA

View Full Version : SS09 thanks you's!

SuperStevie
10-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey guys,

Just a quick post to say a massive thankyou to all who made SS09 one of the best smart meets ever! Annie and Fi's big brekkies were amazing and just what we all needed in the morning. Thank you to everyone who took part in bingo and the quiz. Scabber's won't be reappearing to call out the numbers next year you will be glad to know hehe thanks to vaughan (howardjnr) for arranging to go over the passes, thanks to putzie for getting us to the pub on saturday. Thanks to scabbers for not being able to add up and givin us all something to laugh about! Thanks to jamie for helping put up our tent in the rain. Thanks to Mr Poo and H Palmer for doggiesitting shaun. Thanks to deafscoobie for letting shaun stay in his car during bingo. Thanks to andy and vaughan for baking cakes which everyone seemed to enjoy! Thanks to Dale for taking lots of pics that will be used for an article in smarttimes magazine. Thanks to sy, thatsmarts! Other half for adding up the totals for the quiz. Thanks to veggy for reading out the bingowinners numbers.

And of course a BIG thankyou to everyone who donated money one way or another to the hearing dogs for the deaf. We raised a massive 225 pounds!!

If I've missed anyone off I apologise, I'm shattered and need some sleep!

It was a brilliant weekend, and lookin forward to seeing everyone soon! Roll on next year :-)

Matt
10-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm really sorry Lisa and I didn't make it. Sadly with no job money is tight plus i had a family birthday party.

We watche dthe weather reports and kept our fingers crossed for you all!

hazemalagha
10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I am glad it went well, I couldn'tmake it as have an exam coming & would rather be dead than seen in my KIA Picanto amongst all the smarts.
But don't you worry, EGG is arriving 28th of May, then I'll deserve the title of a smart owner.

Will do my best to come next year, may have to stay in the local &B as have never camped before. he he

hazem

Jim N Jo
10-05-2009, 08:58 PM
A really big thanks to everyone for making us welcome on our first Smart Rally. Really sad we missed the drive yesterday:( but maybe next time we will make it on time.
A great big thanks to our neighbours who gave us tea and much needed shower gel !!!!
Steve if you need a babysitter for Shaun I'll do it :) he's gorgeous.
Andy and Vaughan the cakes .... what can we say ..... mmmmmm deeelicious
Our little Arfa got us home in one piece and never grumbled at all so we are happy. He has had a wash and a polish already and he's gleaming/smiling again.
Great people thankyou

Jim n Jo :smartbs:

sweety
10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
No problem for the tea and shower gel always happy to help.

Thanks for letting use use your gas to quicken the tea up to warm us up I think that was the best tea ever!

tankgirltaz
10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
No problem for the tea and shower gel always happy to help.

Thanks for letting use use your gas to quicken the tea up to warm us up I think that was the best tea ever!

See this is why I don't do camping ;)

Hope to come along next year but to a local B&B :)

SuperStevie
11-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh, I forgot to add! Thanks for baggylicious for the hat! Was very very warm and just what i need on saturday night :D

EMM386
11-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Just wanted to a say a BIG MASSIVE thank you to absolutely everyone who made my very 1st international (it was in England you know)camping SMART event a very memorable and enjoyable experience.

I will definitely be back.

Really good to meet everyone and now I can picture folk when I see or reply to their posts.

Yeah there were 7 of is and we managed to put or tents in the same area without realising hehe

I was ordered where to put my tent.

:D

Oh and the Lemon Drizzle cake was to die for.

Yum!!!

SuperStevie
11-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I was ordered where to put my tent.

Yup and my other half was very happy with where you placed it! It was on the border with straighville :p

EMM386
11-05-2009, 01:19 PM
So now I'm only bordering on straight

:(

keep digging!!!!

:)

hahahha

SuperStevie
11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
hahaha i would have said you were bordering on gay, but hey, its up to you! :p

Baggylicious
11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Glad the hat came in useful Stevie xx

as i've said in main thread ... MASSIVE THANK YOU !!! to everyone for making our 1st SS a fantastic one

((( big hugz )))

Cant wait for the next one !!

StevRS
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone! Had a wicked time, excellent company, scenery and for the last 30 hours or so, weather!

Special shouts to the newbies who made it for the 1st time, it was nice to meet you all. Big shouts to the 'Sunday Night Krew' who were hardcore enough to spend another day there...

Lucid, Stevie and all the usual crowd did a wicked job organising, even if Stevie's bingo was a bit sub-standard!

You guys all rock, see you all at some point before the next one, I'm sure :)

OMA
11-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Hello to all, we are home safely!!!

Sorry to Annie for us not saying good bye, the grandparents actually cooked us lunch not dinner so we were a wee bit late!

The 'Sunday Night Krew' were well hardcore, and wet, but i think the fumes from the stove might have stopped anyone feeling anything, especially DJ Dan in the corner.

Everyone else who we met, it was a brill time, and im happy we now have an, indirect, extended family!

I forgot to say to you guys my contact stuff:
FaceBook: David Spalton
Email: david@pingex.com & mobile: 0759502237 9

PS, look for Mel

blackbrabus
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I would like to thank everyone that has already been thanked.

great weekend even with the weather, very good company and alot of fun.

a big thanks to SteveRS for sending me to bed, but to be honest I was expecting you to join me, and you just left me hanging.

cant wait for the next one.

total mileage for the trip.

889.4 miles of pure pleasure.

Mel
11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
What can I say apart from a fab weekend with a fab bunch, who I can be certain to call friends now (well crazy friends!) You all made me and OMA so welcome, and am looking forward to our visit to the 'commune' under the guise of changing brake pads! (Sorry we couldn't come today Annie and Scabbers, just very pressed for time with Grandparents and me having to get back for work :( )

I am dead excited about what other daft things are planned now! Poor Smarty won't know whats hit her! Hopefully see some of you at Longleat. Can't wait for SS10.

x

p.s. the brekkie and the cakes.. yum yum! :D

H Palmer
11-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Thank you for a great weekend!! It was great to meet you all.

Thank you to the DAFT crew taking me under their wing and Annie and Fi's brekkie was good.

What else... Shaun was cool, thanks for letting us look after him... even if we had to bribe him to stay still. lol

The drive out on Saturday was great, so many smarts traversing the Lake District.

Then us hardcore lot who stayed for sunday had a fantastic drive out to Honiston Pass, an awesome road with stunning views.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

ThatSmarts!
11-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Coo-ee!! :D We're hooooome! The journey may have been loooong but, feck me till I fart, it was more than worth it! The wife and I had a totally awesome time so thanks to you all for making us newbies feel so welcome; I suppose you're alright really and we might go again.... ;)

Honestly, we haven't shut up about how great it was to meet such a cool bunch of people and how we can't wait for the next meet. I'd like to reiterate all the thank yous and add one extra one; STEVIE! The bingo and quiz were great fun and all your effort in arranging SS is much appreciated. Buying a Smart is turning out to be the best choice I ever made :D

I took 2 important things away with me from SS09 that could possibly change my life forever:

1.There is no such thing as too much cake
2. My penis is actually called a Wilkins

Thanks again to you all, let's hope it's not too long until we meet again.

P.S A round of applause for the rest of the double-'ard sunday night massive. :D

EMM386
12-05-2009, 10:15 AM
hahaha i would have said you were bordering on gay, but hey, its up to you! :p

I think I'll take that as a compliment.

You must just mean that although I'm attracted to ladies that I'm still kind, caring and sensitive!!!

:)

In touch with my feminine side you could say.......................In fact I touch it a lot.

Now why am I single again?

Annie & Bertie
12-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I can only reiterate the above really - I had a brilliant time despite the pants weather - however it was no where near as bad as last year!!

Thanks to SuperStevie and the others for the organisation and for making this event happen. It was brilliant to catch up with familiar faces and great to meet the new ones too.

I'm so glad I bought my Smart car!! :)

MrPoo
12-05-2009, 06:38 PM
My Turn!!!!

Absoloutely fantastic weekend, best holiday I've had in years.

Thanks to all those who helped put our tent up on the first day, could have been a very different weekend if we'd lost it!!

Thanks to SuperStevie for all the organisation, I was overwhelmed at how great everything was.

Thanks to Andy for all the booby advice and the loaning of Shaun to those of us who were missing our own pets (ahem!)

Thanks to Scooby for the loan of Holly, hope she hasn't been too naughty!

Big big thanks to Annie and Scabbers for the use of Pierre to transport all our stuff.

Thanks to Mel for having a fantastic sense of humour and letting us all call her Mel for the weekend. Tee hee hee

Erm, I think that's it.

Am almost home, been back for one hour, put some washing on and headed back up to the commune, might make it to my own bed tonight!! :D

H Palmer
12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Oops forgot about our tent... Thank you for your help in not letting me fly off with the tent! lol

And I should thank Stacey for all her driving and scoring the biggest tent! :D

Mel
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
My Turn!!!!

Absoloutely fantastic weekend, best holiday I've had in years.

Thanks to all those who helped put our tent up on the first day, could have been a very different weekend if we'd lost it!!

Thanks to SuperStevie for all the organisation, I was overwhelmed at how great everything was.

Thanks to Andy for all the booby advice and the loaning of Shaun to those of us who were missing our own pets (ahem!)

Thanks to Scooby for the loan of Holly, hope she hasn't been too naughty!

Big big thanks to Annie and Scabbers for the use of Pierre to transport all our stuff.

Thanks to Mel for having a fantastic sense of humour and letting us all call her Mel for the weekend. Tee hee hee

Erm, I think that's it.

Am almost home, been back for one hour, put some washing on and headed back up to the commune, might make it to my own bed tonight!! :D

Its sticking now even Oma is calling me it now! Prehaps a new name badge for work is in order?! :) x

OMA
13-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Well mel and I managed 850.1 miles round trip.

Totally fantastic.thank god I'm off today, though Mel is at work.