Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 451 Fortwo - List of Quirks

60k miles?! Bloody hope not, my engine is at 67k miles... *seems* ok for now.. it's just my clutch actuator that's having trouble!

Oh yes - Another 451 thing I don't like. "Kick-down"

I was overtaking a dawdling car this morning. I changed down to 3rd, stamped on the loud pedal and as I came alongside the bemused driver, the gearbox figured 2nd was the gear I really wanted. Given that Smart cars remove the drive for over a second when they change gear, this isn't something the car should decide to do itself (unless you have selected Auto)

I don't recall 450s doing this

Grumble grumble - Rant over

Anyone else have a problem with the headlights? Mine always come on full beam when I switch from side to full lights, annoying quite a few people on the mway no doubt! Car is a 2012 pulse CDI.

Passenger door handle rattle when the stereo is on (even quite low).

SUNVISORS....Once again the designers of the 451 have put in fixed sunvisors that will not swing to the side, why?

I had this same problem on my MK6 (450), and sorted it by buying another sunvisor off Ebay, and fixed it above the drivers window, so it could be brought down when the sun was glaring in on the drivers side. Might have to do the same with the 451, when I get round to it.

Just like to add an annoyance I've discovered....

Changing the damned sidelight bulbs....

Logic says to open the front service hatch and twist off the sidelight stalks.... however I could not get enough grip on them and ended up removing the entire front panel just to swap the standard bulbs for some nice LED equivalents...

Quote Originally Posted by damodza View Post
    swap the standard bulbs for some nice LED equivalents...
    There are so many LED bulbs that claim to cause no problems but can you remember which ones you used and where you got them from?

Cheers