Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 451 Fortwo - Common Faults

I don't miss the low down grunt because I have a turbo on mine I miss the petrol that goes flying out the exhaust when I use the pedal on the right though..

Quote Originally Posted by maggi112 View Post
    I find that the cam change over is quite noticeable in second and I love it will be upgrading to a turbo though at some point, maybe soon!
    It's just like a turbo kick anyways ..... almost .. at the 3 - 3.5K mark

Lol, cam changes are different though. Can you feel them in the turbo? It's around 5000 rpm iirc. Once went out in a Vtec with a turbo which was mental, 0-60 in around 4 seconds at santa pod (im pretty sure including reaction times) and that scared the hell outta me cos when vtec kicked in your head exploded with sound. Can you tell it's there on the 84? I'm gonna have to go and give it a try methinks.
    RS133 CUP Black and White Id - gone
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

I have no idea what this cam change thing you're talking about is!! Uh oh, we're in danger of spoiling Stevie's thread here...

OFF TOPIC THREAD HERE I COME (again)
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

And the cam change is how I assume mivec works if it's like vtec, I've not bothered to look it up! But effectively it's just a more agressive fuel/air mixture suited to higher revs forced by a physical change in the cam, which effectively opens and closes the valves. So, in my car at least, you feel the physical change. Feels good too
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

Quote Originally Posted by maggi112 View Post
    It's around 5000 rpm iirc. .
    more like 3 - 3.5K iirc

for the turbo boys, you should feel the kick the turbo gives you at 2 - 2.5K, then you should also feel a further 'boost' to power as the engine achieves the cam change at 3 - 3.5K.

Or there then lol, I'm always looking at the road I have to say I don't notice it as much when I'm running vpower rather than regular fuel. It is much smoother with vpower, but the power is still there. Still, sounds great in a tunnel
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

But what changes with the actual cam? Don't get it.

TAIM. You have me flummoxed. My 450 fuel gauge IS perfect. The only car I have had the confidence to run right to the dregs in without fear of running dry.What's your experience of them.
    Maggi112. Change fuel? Do you mean brand? Fuct if I can get my head round that!
    BTW. mivtech, vtec, etc. They are all just variable valve timing mechanisms that alter the cam timing to best suit the speed. Short timing for low rpm, longer opening times at higher rpm.