Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Service wash

Service wash

When I got my car serviced a few weeks ago it came back washed, which was great, but there's just one thing that bugs me. My car had Supaguard put on it when I got it & I've always washed it myself with the Supaguard shampoo. Would MB have used Supaguard when they washed it?

I doubt they would have, but most other car shampoos would have been suitable.

If you're precious over your car you may want to find out whether they use the 1 or 2 bucket method.
    Will

They would probably use 1 bucket with a sandy rag,I couldn't believe it when I watched the guy go around the car doing.it! Tbh supagard is a waste of time, its not as effective as some other treatments, is rarely applied properly by dealerships and is massively over charged. The shampoo is okay, but tbh not great. its not got the best cleaning power, doesn't feel as slick as others either. The shampoo won't make a difference anyway. You can use any shampoo you want as long as its mild enough not yo strip the supagard. Dodo juice born to be mild is my personal choice as its slick, smells good, decent dilution ratio, cleans well, and foams up well too. Much nicer to use than the supagard shampoo. Did you get it in the individual sachets or bottle
    RS133 CUP Black and White Id - gone
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

Let them know ,you dont require the wash. I prefer to wash my own cars,as other peple might not take as much care and cause grit scratches.Going to be using my new snow foam lance today,how sad am i lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx View Post
    Let them know ,you dont require the wash. I prefer to wash my own cars,as other peple might not take as much care and cause grit scratches.Going to be using my new snow foam lance today,how sad am i lol.
    Not very. Last time my car went in it had the do.not wash me signs off detailing world all over it though

Snow foam is a good idea with the ash at the moment, although I've found the ash seems to etch into the clear on a couple of cars I've done recently.
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

Noticed a few white flecks on ours lately.....thinking "Head & Shoulders" shampoo may be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Or_GazM View Post
    Noticed a few white flecks on ours lately.....thinking "Head & Shoulders" shampoo may be needed.
    You mean you're ditching the fairy then?
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

Don't let merc wash your car at all. I'm not one cleaning cars, but I was shocked at how damaged my rear quarter windows were after merc washed him. Never again!

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

I remember I told them "DO NOT WASH HIM" when stuey went in for repairs. I called up to check on the progess and they said he's done and were just gonna prep him for you. I said "You ahven't washed him have you?" and the reply was "No, not washed him just wiped him down". GRRRRR causing MORE damage than a wash would have caused. I've still got marring and holograms all down one side as I've only had time to correct the other so far! TOo busy detailing everyone elses cars
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

I have had no issues with Merc/Smart cleaning my car so far. But the trid is knackered, different paint used on the forfour a lot softer.