Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Service wash

I don't remember the trid but you showed me down I think the drivers side which looked very bad. Will it take long to correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I don't remember the trid but you showed me down I think the drivers side which looked very bad. Will it take long to correct?
    The paint is rock hard so yeah. the marring isn't an issue. Megs 83 and 80 seem to work best for me, fed up with menz polishes being so picky
    RS133 CUP Black and White Id - gone
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

Quote Originally Posted by Dee1983 View Post
    My mates think i have OCD on car cleaning.
    You're not alone.....seems Smart owner either have OCD or they're GAY.....I think the gay ones have more idea of real life to be honest
    I still wash ours in washing up liquid....it looks shiny, and it's cheap (as are the Tupperware panels that you cleaning! )
    Just done my Dub today...power-washer with washing-up liquid in the soap dispenser....should last 'til end of October at least.....maybe I'll wash the Smart before we go on 6 week holiday...but that's easy...1 bucket with soap and a sponge....done for this year then

It's a BLOODY car.....NOT the "Love of your Life"....or at least, that's how it should be! Spend the time/money/effort on your partner....and have a HAPPY life.

Protective layer of grime all the way

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by maggi112 View Post
    Lol, not the only one. Water marks and swirls are the worst. Someone left a lovely great big scuff on the trid as they were getting out. I now removed that (required megs agressive clay!) and replaced with metallic kick plates

Seems a few new members are fellow detailers, schweet!
    Yup i'm mad on car cleaning. I have 3 cars to wash and then i do my aunty,mum friend,my mate and cousin cars.

I spend 6-8 hours on the RS when doing full detailling and spend 4 hours on the Smart a week ago for its first session, then my mum PT Cruiser converitble gets 6-8 hour session when its goes to car shows .

Dee
    Dee
    Owner of a Renaultsport Clio 182 - Burgie - Weekend fun
    New owner of a Smart fortwo - Kodie

I've got Supaguard on my Fabia and the paint is still scagged to sh#t after only 22k!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee1983 View Post
    Yup i'm mad on car cleaning. I have 3 cars to wash and then i do my aunty,mum friend,my mate and cousin cars.

I spend 6-8 hours on the RS when doing full detailling and spend 4 hours on the Smart a week ago for its first session, then my mum PT Cruiser converitble gets 6-8 hour session when its goes to car shows .

Dee
    I wish i could get it done in that time frame! Maintenance washes consist of dodo.btbm followed by fielld glaze. Stuey is currently wearing.zymol vintage
    RS133 CUP Black and White Id - gone
    RS200 EDC Deep Black

Quote Originally Posted by maggi112 View Post
    I wish i could get it done in that time frame! Maintenance washes consist of dodo.btbm followed by fielld glaze. Stuey is currently wearing.zymol vintage
    Sweet....Like the hard work

I've been given tips from the valenter in work on how to do things correct but quicker so i has helped me.
    Dee
    Owner of a Renaultsport Clio 182 - Burgie - Weekend fun
    New owner of a Smart fortwo - Kodie

Quote Originally Posted by Or_GazM View Post
    You're not alone.....seems Smart owner either have OCD or they're GAY......
    What a geezer ! Is this true?? I bought the smart (cos it had a folding roof) and then heard it said that the product was popular with shirt lifters! Bloody hell, worse than being described as a hairdresser's car!!!

i can safely say im in the OCD section (dont know if this is a good thing or not lol)
    Who says you need 200+BHP to have fun?

Member of the Mad Smartz Club