Thread: tinted rear side windows

tinted rear side windows

Hi all. I have a smart roadster coupe and i would like to get my rear side windows tinted...The guy who was doing the front two windows and rear middle window could not do it... any idea how to get over this problem and if please advice where to get it done.. SW LONDON ...Many thx..

find a better tinter!!

seriously though, its not something that standard tinting companies can do very often!!

my tinter did my plastic panels on my fortwo and my plastic ones on my forfour - they are not great but better than a spray or a vinyl on the outside!!

the issue is, you can't use the heat gun to set the glue so it takes ages to go off and therefore doesn't adhere very well....

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

I was going to suggest the spray but isn't it very good?

I'm not sure if roadsters have this, but the fortwo rear windows have a raised part number on the inside which would be a pain for getting something to stick. I bought a vinyl tint to put on the outside but wasn't very impressed with it so never fitted it. I was planning to do it with spray but I'm not really sure what the results are like.

i won a competition to get my car tinted & had the same problem with the perspex on my rear quarters .. I went with a vinyl on them cos the tinter wouldnt risk damaging the perspex with the heat needed for the glue ..
    He's looking into getting a clear vinyl for me instead at the moment as i dont like the black one he put on for now
    xbrooklands and w&#105.jpg
    xx HEART BEATING WITH A FORFOUR PULSE xx