Thread: Where can I find a 12v feed from under the dashboard (ForFour)

Question Where can I find a 12v feed from under the dashboard (ForFour)

I'm thinking of trying to fit a Brodit Active PDA holder, which comes with a charger which you wire into the 12v in the car.

I've had a quick look by lying in the passenger footwell, but I think I need some help to find where a 12v line I can splice is. I'm able to take apart the middle stack which holds the radio and so on; I've fitted an AUX cable to the radio previously.

The (car-generic) instructions say:

Route the power cable from the charger unit to the power supply source in the vehicle and connect as follows: 1. Connect the White wire to a Negative Ground connection of the vehicle or the vehicle chassis. 2. Connect the Red wire to a 12/24 Volt power supply in the vehicle that is controlled by the ignition switch of the vehicle.

Are there any diagrams available to help me?

Thanks!

I could be wrong but you can tap into the ciggy lighter as thats 12v.

Mac3g is right

tap of the 12v ciggie, and make sure you run a fuse inline as well

just to protect your phone etc

the brodit holders are pretty pricey but imo, they are brilliant quality and they fit real good as well (i have one for my 451)

I agree they are pricey. A lot more than I'd like to spend - but I've not found anything else that can fit the smart easily. I don't trust a windscreen mount with my phone, and a vent mount doesn't fit the spherical vents on the smart...

Plus the phone I have has the charging port at the side, so most 'cradles' cover that up!

For the 12v feed - how do I find where the line to the cigarette lighter under the dashboard is? I had a look to see if there is a Haynes manual that might show wiring layout, but seems there is not :-(

I've found the fuseblock under the front of the passenger side, but it's not the most comfortable space to lie in to try figure what is what

what about running a live to the fusebox and using a breakout?

obviously ground to chassis