Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: project

IIRC that one has a roadie turbo, itg filter, Mocal silicone air intake & intercooler hoses and when dyno'd had a Digitec FreeFlow exhaust but last time I checked it had one of our twin centres on instead! Oh and a stonking Digitec remap

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by lil.smartie View Post
    IIRC that one has a roadie turbo, itg filter, Mocal silicone air intake & intercooler hoses and when dyno'd had a Digitec FreeFlow exhaust but last time I checked it had one of our twin centres on instead! Oh and a stonking Digitec remap

Kate
    How much would u say those mods comes to?

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    As a recent smart convert all i'd say is kiss speed goodbye!!! they just aint' built for it! The best description I'd use is 'nippy', very nippy (and the most fun on 4 wheels) but thats it really!

I had to change my mindset when i was searching for my fortwo as i used to drive a little bit quick at times!

good luck with your search
    This is accurate (except for the most fun on four wheels bit).

Even mapped Smarts are far slower than the power and weight figures suggest for two reasons:

1: The gearbox saps any pretensions of quick getaways.
    2: Aftermarket maps tend to result in peaky delivery rather than usable power over a usable range. An unmapped BRC was faster than a mapped BRC at Santa Pod for exactly this reason.

Also, bearing in mind the Fortwo's short wheelbase and track, they don't handle (they can be made less worse, but never good).

If you want a hot hatch, buy one, because you'll never make a Fortwo into one.

Sorry.

I think a lot of this is going to depend on your idea of 'fast'. Nothing can make a fortwo a fast car (bar a ridiculous bike engine conversion or similar) but if you're happy to have a faster version of a smart, then do it. I'm under no illusion that it's fast, but if there's nothing around me, it feels quick, simply because of the size :rolleys: it's entirely a placebo effect though!

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post
    it feels quick, simply because of the size :rolleys: it's entirely a placebo effect though!
    The motoring journalist David Vivian reckoned the fortwo's biggest trick was the way it felt fast and catered to a 'drive fast' mindset without having to go very fast at all. Useful for those of us keen to avoid court rooms, hospitals, and prison.

I'd recommend a 700cc with Roadster turbo, Forge motorsport silicone pipes, Pipercross filter, iridium spark plugs and a S-mann exhaust.
    Then go to S2smarts in Watford and get it remapped. They have a nice premises and an excellent rolling road so you get a print out showing you the final torque and bhp of the remap, (it's not a remap and guess the output company).

Why not buy a Roadster instead?

Quote Originally Posted by evilution View Post
    I'd recommend a 700cc with Roadster turbo, Forge motorsport silicone pipes, Pipercross filter, iridium spark plugs and a S-mann exhaust.
    Then go to S2smarts in Watford and get it remapped. They have a nice premises and an excellent rolling road so you get a print out showing you the final torque and bhp of the remap, (it's not a remap and guess the output company).

Why not buy a Roadster instead?
    sounds promising, so what gains would be expected from those mods mate? I don't like the roadsters, like the fortwos due to their size, they're just fun lol

I would expect approximately 120 bhp and the same in ft/lb or torque.

Quote Originally Posted by evilution View Post
    I would expect approximately 120 bhp and the same in ft/lb or torque.
    well thats definately my idea of fast, especially for a car that size. Sounds like that would accelerate quick, not too bothered about top end as much. Sorry to ask so many questions mate but just wanna get a good idea before i start anythng.

If i was to get "700cc with Roadster turbo, Forge motorsport silicone pipes, Pipercross filter, iridium spark plugs and a S-mann exhaust.
    Then go to S2smarts in Watford and get it remapped..." how much is that looking to cost (not including the cost of the smart car)

thanks

anyone? can anybody breakdown the costs of the mods wih most gains. Looking for price ideas... thanks