Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Smart Times 2012

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northants.
    Posts
    274
    Beyond the update regarding the demise of Sea France, I haven't heard a great deal on this of late.

    Being of the organised kind, I'd really like to start considering hotels (with safe parking) and ferry dates some time soon.

    Any advice/ indication one when some more detailed information will be available?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Where Work Send Me
    Posts
    2,132
    Watch out for the cobbles in Antwerp... Defo not fun 2-up with luggage on a bike!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    gloucester
    Posts
    157
    last one a bit crap, disorganised, very spread out in Riccione,too far to drive from UK for show, but belgium far closer and should be better if they keep it all close together, im all booked up to go on wednesday

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    483
    given the response at Belgium, anyone interested in Heaven On Wheels 2012?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northants.
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynik View Post
    last one a bit crap, disorganised, very spread out in Riccione,too far to drive from UK for show, but belgium far closer and should be better if they keep it all close together, im all booked up to go on wednesday
    Ferries are simple if you go Dover Calais as there's loads; the issue is where exactly are the events going to take place so I can find a suitable hotel with decent parking...
    We were going to combine this with a few days elsewhere, which I can plan at a later stage.
    Is there any official involvement from Smart themselves for this, or it solely arranged by enthusiasts?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bristol, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Ferries are simple if you go Dover Calais as there's loads; the issue is where exactly are the events going to take place so I can find a suitable hotel with decent parking...
    We were going to combine this with a few days elsewhere, which I can plan at a later stage.
    Is there any official involvement from Smart themselves for this, or it solely arranged by enthusiasts?
    It's all organised by smart, and they have always organised parking at previous events. They may well also be offering a "locate a hotel" service too, but I don't think that's been confirmed so far.
    Tony

    Living life with Pure Passion, always with my finger on the Pulse

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northants.
    Posts
    274
    Got this today

    Hi

    Following on from earlier updates, we are continuing with our planning in advance of a wide range of formal communications later this month.

    Meantime, we'd be grateful if you could let us know whether you are interested in receiving details about thesmartclub's FULL package to this Event (comprising cross channel crossing, 4* Hotel accommodation, Event pre-registration, en route support and much more) or whether you simply wish to be kept up to date on an 'Information Only' basis that will provide you Event Pre-registration and details about local hotels and event details.

    Selecting an option now does NOT commit you to that decision but it does assist us with planning.

    You can make your preference selection by following the link below:

    https://www.thesmartclub.co.uk/smart...ttimes2012.php

    Best wishes

    Al

    Al Young
    Chairman & Managing Director
    thesmartclub ltd

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    3,122
    Has thesmartclub released prices for how much their full package will be?
    _________________________________________________


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bristol, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Has thesmartclub released prices for how much their full package will be?
    Not yet. I'd imagine towards the end of March, but that's purely a guess, not insider information.
    Tony

    Living life with Pure Passion, always with my finger on the Pulse

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,657
    Why the ferry?
    I always use the Chunnel (mainly due to ease of getting the dog in and out of UK), but get prices in the 50-60 quid mark if you book the right time....that's all in, car and up to 6 people....(OK, doesn't really apply to a ForTwo....), but it's the same for any car/van up to 5m long and 2.5m high...so bike racks (for those who want to take their Smart on the front of a bike) make no difference to price.
    Last edited by Or_GazM; 04-03-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •