Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smart Times 2012

Beyond the update regarding the demise of Sea France, I haven't heard a great deal on this of late.

Being of the organised kind, I'd really like to start considering hotels (with safe parking) and ferry dates some time soon.

Any advice/ indication one when some more detailed information will be available?

Watch out for the cobbles in Antwerp... Defo not fun 2-up with luggage on a bike!

last one a bit crap, disorganised, very spread out in Riccione,too far to drive from UK for show, but belgium far closer and should be better if they keep it all close together, im all booked up to go on wednesday

given the response at Belgium, anyone interested in Heaven On Wheels 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynik View Post
    last one a bit crap, disorganised, very spread out in Riccione,too far to drive from UK for show, but belgium far closer and should be better if they keep it all close together, im all booked up to go on wednesday
    Ferries are simple if you go Dover Calais as there's loads; the issue is where exactly are the events going to take place so I can find a suitable hotel with decent parking...
    We were going to combine this with a few days elsewhere, which I can plan at a later stage.
    Is there any official involvement from Smart themselves for this, or it solely arranged by enthusiasts?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Ferries are simple if you go Dover Calais as there's loads; the issue is where exactly are the events going to take place so I can find a suitable hotel with decent parking...
    We were going to combine this with a few days elsewhere, which I can plan at a later stage.
    Is there any official involvement from Smart themselves for this, or it solely arranged by enthusiasts?
    It's all organised by smart, and they have always organised parking at previous events. They may well also be offering a "locate a hotel" service too, but I don't think that's been confirmed so far.
    Tony

Living life with Pure Passion, always with my finger on the Pulse

Got this today

Hi

Following on from earlier updates, we are continuing with our planning in advance of a wide range of formal communications later this month.

Meantime, we'd be grateful if you could let us know whether you are interested in receiving details about thesmartclub's FULL package to this Event (comprising cross channel crossing, 4* Hotel accommodation, Event pre-registration, en route support and much more) or whether you simply wish to be kept up to date on an 'Information Only' basis that will provide you Event Pre-registration and details about local hotels and event details.

Selecting an option now does NOT commit you to that decision but it does assist us with planning.

You can make your preference selection by following the link below:

https://www.thesmartclub.co.uk/smart...ttimes2012.php

Best wishes

Al

Al Young
    Chairman & Managing Director
    thesmartclub ltd

Has thesmartclub released prices for how much their full package will be?

Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Has thesmartclub released prices for how much their full package will be?
    Not yet. I'd imagine towards the end of March, but that's purely a guess, not insider information.
    Tony

Living life with Pure Passion, always with my finger on the Pulse

Why the ferry?
    I always use the Chunnel (mainly due to ease of getting the dog in and out of UK), but get prices in the 50-60 quid mark if you book the right time....that's all in, car and up to 6 people....(OK, doesn't really apply to a ForTwo....), but it's the same for any car/van up to 5m long and 2.5m high...so bike racks (for those who want to take their Smart on the front of a bike) make no difference to price.
    Last edited by Or_GazM; 04-03-2012 at 04:00 PM.