Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wrong size tyres fitted

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    I ran 175/55 on the front and 195/50 on the rear at one point.
    How did your Smart run with these please? I hoping for a better, softer ride - its just a dog-carrying town ride these days...

Quote Originally Posted by iconic944ss View Post
    How did your Smart run with these please? I hoping for a better, softer ride - its just a dog-carrying town ride these days...
    I don't remember it riding any better - only that the embarrassing understeer with the 145 font and 175 rears was reined in a bit.
    I don't think that soft ride and 450 fortwo can exist legitimately in the same sentence. Ultimately I went to 195/50 all round, lowered stiffer springs and a thicker rear anti roll bar as there wasn't any comfort initially to lose with those modifications so the handling gains came at no cost.

I'm now running a a set of cheap 175 & 195 tyres, thanks to Ebay, bagged a set very well hand paint wheels with the tyres and delivery for 140!

They were stuck on the same day - very pleased, running slightly higher pressures now but the car is quite a bit more comfy and the wife loves her new @pimped-up ride LoL.

Just not sure what to do about renewing the tyres and/or put winter tyres and the steelies.

Thanks for the Info & help.

Winter tyres on a fortwo transforms it's ability on snow. Ground clearance becomes the limiting factor.
    I have a set of summer and winter tyres on their own rims and the swap over is easy. If you have storage space for the set not in use then it's close to a no brainer.