Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit peeved!!!

A bit peeved!!!

Found a forfour for my dad but it was in Blackburn (190miles from me) so after a long chat with the seller on the phone and him reiterating what it said in the advert (mint inside and out) and stating it was an 8 out of 10 but he was only saying that to cover himself because he was sure there wasn't a mark on it, I decided to put a deposit down and went up to get it today.......

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p

410 mile round trip and 9 hours plus 60 fuel, and 2 train journeys for my dad - what a fkin waste of my life!!

Please no one go and waste their time with this car. To say that it is mint inside and out is an outright falesy!! The trid in front of the rear wheels looks like its been sand blasted, there are numerous dents in the trid panel behind the rear door, the drivers seat is torn to pieces on the bolster and both front seats are snagged beyond repair. The red interior is filthy, the interior carpet is thread bare and has been cut between the gear surround and the dash that was rivetted to the tunnel. There was no wiper arm on the passenger side. The windscreen was scratched. There was a large scrape on the rear drivers wheel arch down to the white plastic. Almost every panel had a scratch on it. The rear panel under the boot was very scraped. The boot wouldn't open. The key was trashed and after one open wouldn't work again. The spare key had no buttons and the internals rattled. The full instruction pack was there minus the service shedule. The mot certificate was done the day before and signed by the not station across the road and had no advisories (even though the guy said last week that the brakes were flagged up and thus replaced - they weren't) and there was no emissions print outs. And the v5c was torn in 2 parts and given they said they had just received it then it all smelt fishy

Why do people lie about the standard of cars - did they think I would just agree to the sale??

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

Did you get the deposit back?

I know there was joking about Blackburn going on but, in truth I would think very carefully before buying anything from anyone in Blackburn.

The guy argued the deposit and only wanted to give me 150 of the 200 because they had to tax it - I feel a call to local trading standards coming on to investigate their selling tactics and their mot station if things don't go my way.

JJ

www.evilution.co.uk

That sucks. One months tax is not 50 and he can cash it in to get the money back anyway.

I think in your position I would have already enlisted said authorities.

that sounds horrid! Sorry to hear that JJ!

Hope you get your money back in full! At least it's form a 'dealer' not that its worth much. Better move quick if you don't get your deposit back!

That sucks! Hell of a way to go to view a lemon.
    If there's another your dad fancies but it's a long journey you should post up and ask if anyone would give it the quick once over before you commit to travel so far. I know it's no help now but I'd have happily gone and cast an eye over it for you; I'm sure others would do the same if it was in their area.
    That's if you trust us not to nick a good one from under your nose

Thanks - appreciate the offer

JJ

www.evilution.co.uk

I too am prepared to do that for you if you find one around here and I am here.

I can go and plug the star system in (if it works with a forfour) and tell the seller how knackered it is. I have never plugged a car into it and found no errors.

Thank you too - I have spotted one in pale blue and silver near a friend in heathrow so am going to get him to go and look at it tomorrow.

JJ

www.evilution.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild1976 View Post
    . There was no wiper arm on the passenger side.
    Obvious in three of the photos.