Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A smart joke.

A smart joke.

Pascal Newton and Einstein were hanging about with nothing to do so they decided to play hide and seek.
    Einstein started counting and Pascal ran to hide.
    Newton turned round, got some chalk and drew a one metre square on the blackboard then stood in front of it.
    Einstein finished counting and turned round, spotted Newton and said "I found you Newton".
    Newton replied "no you found Pascal".
    Last edited by Mjolinor; 19-09-2012 at 06:20 PM.

To deep for most members I think. Was hard even for me to understand. Newtons were unheard of when I attended school in the olden days. Pascals even more so. We were happy using the MKSA system and slide rules (called slipsticks in the US, a mechanical analogue computer) not requiring batteries to work.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

I have been working in Greece for the last few years and received endless stick about weighing things in stones, measuring things in inches and the Imperial system in general. While going somewhere with one of these guys he called into a garage to check his tyre pressures, when I asked him what pressure he had in them he replied 25, 25 what says I and he had no idea that he was using the Imperial system at all, it was just 25 to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I have been working in Greece for the last few years and received endless stick about weighing things in stones, measuring things in inches and the Imperial system in general. While going somewhere with one of these guys he called into a garage to check his tyre pressures, when I asked him what pressure he had in them he replied 25, 25 what says I and he had no idea that he was using the Imperial system at all, it was just 25 to him.
    So the Creeks must be measuring air pressure in Newtons per square centimetre. Quite an unusual unit indeed but perhaps not in Greece.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen View Post
    So the Creeks must be measuring air pressure in Newtons per square centimetre. Quite an unusual unit indeed but perhaps not in Greece.
    PSI

Bit of time travel needed there Mjolinor, Pascal 1623-1662, Newton 1643-1727, Einstein 1879-1955 and SI 1960 to present.

I was taught in a variety of units, cgs, MKS and SI.

Be careful with your k's and K's.

But what happened to Pascal's triangle....did he use 4 of them to make a square?

Can't wait for an answer...wife is coming home soon and I have to make a Pi.....in 3.1415927 minutes! (approximately)

btw, I still have my slide rule that was the only "computer" allowed in "O levels" when I took them....that and the book of Logs......

Oh, XTEN10, we ALL know time travel was available to Einstein....Archimedes taught it to him when he took a trial flight in the helicopter!
    Last edited by Or_GazM; 19-09-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Oh....just had a thought about this thread!
    It may be taken as "offensive" to people who don't understand the humour....
    Be careful guys!!!!!!

Ah logs, I've been splitting some of those today. Just got myself a new toy, a Riko Balfor!!

Can anyone explain the double split interference produced by a single photon? The photon knows even if you close one slit whilst in mid flight. Photons going back in time??