Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A smart joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Or_GazM View Post
    Oh....just had a thought about this thread!
    It may be taken as "offensive" to people who don't understand the humour....
    Be careful guys!!!!!!
    So what part would be offensive then?

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Where does the light go when you turn the bulb off?
    If you had a perfect sphere, perfectly mirrored inside and put a single photon in there....would it bounce around forever? (Oh, Schrodinger's cat syndrome....how would you know?)

Another Joke (not quite as technical)....
    Q: How long can you keep a chicken in a freezer?
    A: Normally for 3 months...

BUT....I put 1 in 2 days ago, and it's dead now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post
    So what part would be offensive then?
    The part were "mere mortals" don't understand the physics involved...and just shrug shoulders.
    They then complain about people being pedantic, etc....just like happened not so many days ago...or was it last century when Einstein put his hypothesis forward about Tolsen saying it was maybe too deep for most members!??!?!?!

I think the most offensive part is anyone making comments that can't theorise on the implications (and now I get my b*lls squeezed from my wife, 'cos SHE has as much idea as you)!
    Last edited by Or_GazM; 20-09-2012 at 12:14 AM.

When "Mj" (can't be a$$ed typing the whole silly name) or "Tolsen" start sharing jokes....I have to put my brain in gear to understand them!
    Not sure which is the most testical (oops, typo) but both know what they are talking about ( as with some other people on here, but would rather have fun than be serious 24/7).

Anyone who can keep up...do so, and put some feedback in sensible (haha) terms into the thread....
    Anyone else....just read and keep your gob shut until it drops to a level you understand!

I had to google it. I understand Newtons, but Pascals were never on my curriculum. I was more interested in the social sciences at school.

However, now I know what a Pascal is....lol!

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse

Self sustaining EM waves, but also consider duality. Empty spaceis a seething soup of virtual particles. According to Feynman photons can and do transform into virtual particles, which sometime later annihilate each other and produce a photon.

Einstein once said 'every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks they know what a photon is, but...' said in German I guess.

That's a good thought experiment, yes I think it would.

But, honestly Stacey, don't you see the correlation with using fancy words and technical ones?
    Both can confuse and annoy a reader of a thread.

Teckies will read certain threads, "normal" people just ignore them.....but when long, fancy words appear in a standard thread...it just confuses.
    YES..I like proper grammer, and punctation...but using simple words makes the sentence easier for all to read.

Quote Originally Posted by XTEN10 View Post
    Self sustaining EM waves, but also consider duality. Empty spaceis a seething soup of virtual particles. According to Feynman photons can and do transform into virtual particles, which sometime later annihilate each other and produce a photon.

Einstein once said 'every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks they know what a photon is, but...' said in German I guess.

That's a good thought experiment, yes I think it would.
    I'm not Tom, Dick or Harry...but I DO know that photons are what drove the Startrek Enterprise faster than light....

Oh..and PLEASE correct your grammar and spelling ;-)

Who's been using long and fancy words??

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse

I'll leave it to you, if you wish. Me? No I can't be ar$$ed. I'm out.