Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Two glitch - help required please

Cool For Two glitch - help required please

I've had a good hunt round Evilution and FQ101 and searched the usual forums for information but haven't come across this one before.

Parked 2002 Passion on drive after MOT test last week - went to move it today to pop it into the garage to fit new handbrake cables and it's grown a gremlin!

Central locking works fine on both keys - brake lights working too but when I turn on ignition I get all the usual dash warning lights but I also get the double arrowed green light that flashes with the indicators.Flashing key symbol on display and can't get the bleep to reset when I push the fob button.

I've re-synchronised the keys several times and system says procedure "successful" but still can't de-activate the immobiliser.

I ran out of time and light to try disconnecting the battery and crossing the cables and realised later that I could have run the diagnostics while re-synchronising the keys!!! Doh!!

Would anybody like to suggest what would cause the indicator warning light to be illuminating when it shouldn't be?

Thanks in advance for any useful contributions!

Is the zee unit completely secure?

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post
    Is the zee unit completely secure?
    Yes it's secure or 'was' when I plugged in the diagnostic cable!

I presume you have looked at the relay that runs the indicators (I believe I am right in saying the earlier cars had replay you could swap with difficulty).
    Other that damp that can cause weird electrical issues, bulbs seem to be capable of doing the same. So maybe check those out?

John

Thanks John - the indicators and hazard warning lights work as they should except that the green light in the instrument cluster doesn't flash in unison with the external lights - it's just on.
    I checked with my daily runabout and the green light does not come on with the other lights when ignition turned on - as expected.

If you have a failure in one of the light bulbs, it might be creating a circuit via the green bulbs just like you get if you a have a bad earth in other cars. I am sure you have seen them, brake lights flashing when they put the indicators on, indicator lights on when they put their foot on the brake.

Put a piece of tape over the mode change button, take the speedo cowl off and check all the bulbs and connectors.

John

Sometimes a picture says more - so here's a picture -

Update

I connected up the good old diagnostic kit today and got a canbus error - communication between the ZEE unit and instrument cluster.

Popped the top off the speedo and found a wire which was detached from the green plug that goes into the speedo - retrieved the contact pin and soldered back together - Bingo!

Photos to illustrate -

Last edited by bob-in-dav; 18-03-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Well done!

Nice to know the resolution to a problem.

John

Thanks, John

I suspect other cars may suffer the same problem - the wire that had come adrift was under significant strain as the electronic module had come unstuck from it's double sided sticky pad and that wire was carrying most the weight of the module over bumps and other vibrations.