Thread: New smart roadster - tips and hints

New smart roadster - tips and hints

Hi guys, as a newbie to this group today and the smart roadster I would really appreciate it if perhaps you could all help me tips and advice you could pass on as to the quirks this particular model has, and also to perhaps where to look our for particularly prone rust traps before they get a hold?

Regards

John

Welcome to the mad house!
    I suggest you log onto TheRoadster.net (but don't leave here....we have more fun) as they have info on the specific leaking bucket you just bought
    Saying that, ours doesn't leak unless you go in a car wash....

Yes....I am SO looking forward to one day getting in and finding I'm sat in a puddle ;-)

That said, first day it's home and a torrential downpour outside for the past few hours and (so far) sit a sign of a leak. But it's early days.

Thanks for the weblink. I'm completely new to any smart car so I'm really stumbling in the dark as to where to go and what to look out for. As I say, all help and advice greatly appreciated

John

Lift the carpets & put your hand underneath - then tell us if it's dry.
    The cars are notorious "stealth" leakers. They look dry and the tops of the carpets even feel dry - but the sponge backing on the carpet can hold literally gallons of water that you never know about until it's too late....

And as Gaz says, you really must get registered on www.theroadster.net - unless you are a very experienced smart owner you will not survive roadster ownership without that site.
    ==============================
    2004 Roadster-Coupe SB2 Brabus
    2005 ForTwo Brabus Numeric
    2014 Skoda Yeti 4x4 DSG
    ex 2002 City Coupe 600cc Pulse
    ex 2003 City Coupe 700cc Passion
    ==============================