Thread: Smart Festival 2013

Smart Festival 2013

Morning all,

I recall being told when buying my car that Smart organised an annual outing to a racetrack in the South East (the name escapes me at the moment). It's also mentioned on the big card pack that came with the car.

Apparently around here, the local dealership group start a convoy from Winchester, then go onto to Southampton and end up at the Portsmouth dealership for breakfast. They then form a convoy down to the event location where apparently there are lots of cucumber sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer, and larks and japes.

The thing is... the website is redirecting at the moment, and I've not heard anything ele about this. Has anyone attended this previously or have any news about this year's event?

Ta.

This year's date has yet to be announced. It has previously been held at Brooklands - Mercedes-Benz World.
    Tony

Living life with Pure Passion, always with my finger on the Pulse

It was fantastic when organised by The Smart Club, now Merc outsource it and it's organised very late in the day when they can be bothered.

Lashing of ginger beer and cucumber sandwiches is stretching it a bit far but in the past a quick bacon sandwich and some food vouchers for the event have been handed out.

Oh, and it's not a convoy, it's a tube!

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post
    It was fantastic when organised by The Smart Club, now Merc outsource it and it's organised very late in the day when they can be bothered.
    I agree. It was better all round -- more stands, more fun & less Mercedes!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post

Lashing of ginger beer and cucumber sandwiches is stretching it a bit far but in the past a quick bacon sandwich and some food vouchers for the event have been handed out.

Oh, and it's not a convoy, it's a tube!
    I actually spat my wine out at that! Hmmm, well it will be interesting if and when it is organised. I take it that thi/ in not an exclusive Smart event, and that MB share a small bit for Smart owners?

According to the thing I had with the car, it's free too. I'm guessing that's not the case either?

Oh, it's free! Maybe I'm just being a miserable old toad, it is a free day out with a lot of smarties. My personal opinion is that it was better before and could be organised better.

Should probably add that I'm mostly grumpy because they won't pull their finger out and fix a date long enough in advance for me (and a lot of others) to attend.

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Seconded...

I've spoken to the local dealers, Ridgeway, and was told that they still don't know when this year's event will be but expect it to be sometime in September/October. They'll email me as soon as they know, so I'll update when I hear anything.

I'm waiting with baited breath for the announcement. Last year was my first and, even though I'm now sans-Smartie, I am desperate to go again.
    Member of the one and only Mad Smartz Club