Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If ATD and Evilution, the mother of all write ups! **PIC HEAVY**

How long does the "sealing the paint" last for?

I'll probably consider getting the front of mine repainted next year and wondering if it's worth having you do your magic on it to keep it looking better for longer? As I had it done last year and within 6 months it was pitted & stonechipped to hell on the front.
    ==============================
    2004 Roadster-Coupe SB2 Brabus
    2005 ForTwo Brabus Numeric
    2014 Skoda Yeti 4x4 DSG
    ex 2002 City Coupe 600cc Pulse
    ex 2003 City Coupe 700cc Passion
    ==============================

The sealant sadly will do little for stone chips I've already picked up one or two! the only way to avoid this is if you get PPF (Paint Protection Film) applied. The only thing with the smart is that unless you don't mind them stopping half way across a panel, they would need to cover the whole front end of the car! plus PPF can fade and go a bit dingy from UV damage over the years and will need replacing every few years.

The sealant will provide self cleaning, and Hydrophobic properties for upto 18 months (I do a 36 month sealant but saw little point for me as I will give the car a top up polish next year I would imgaine), which means the car stays cleaner for longer = less time washing it + less wash induced swirling etc = Happy car, happy owner

the other option I 'May' consider is clear plasti dip, esp for the winter months, to protect the front. Apparently it's VERY easy to use, with little prep involved and even easier to remove after
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page

I hope you didn't pick a couple of scratches up on the door as well Mark....when Wolfie "greated" me when you delivered me back to my van!

Quote Originally Posted by Or_GazM View Post
    I hope you didn't pick a couple of scratches up on the door as well Mark....when Wolfie "greated" me when you delivered me back to my van!
    No, good as gold all was fine mate
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page