Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to school

Back to school

Just been looking at detailing stuff and it got me thinking...... is there like a detailing course or is it just learn on the job? Ive got a full time job so im not looking at stealing anybodys work but mainly just for me so I can get my cars paint work up to a reasonable condition?
    Who says you need 200+BHP to have fun?

Member of the Mad Smartz Club

Take a weekend break to Thurrock!
    I'm sure you could get a hotel for the weekend (for 2) for 50 quid, and if you "wine'n'dine" Mark84 (and his "boss") you'll get a full course on how to detail a car.
    (Sorry Mark if I put you on the spot here....but you do do (is that proper wording?) a good job.)

He was "paid" to do my van, but then spent about an hour telling Hille what she had to use certain cloths for, which chemical to use, and which way to "rub" on the panels.
    Mark could also (PM him) maybe organise all the stuff you need.

Last comment....now you're getting to the lower level of Mad Smartz Club....cleaning a car?!?!?!

Next level down (Hille just told me) is to pay someone to do it!

Its not too far from me and at the moment my car needs a little paintwork where somebody drove into it and damaged it :@ but I might have to have a meet with mark84 and ask him some questions im looking into it and quite intrigued! and I know I know cleaning a car is a dismissable offence in the Mad Smartz Club but I cant just help myself! Maybe ill make it up by being witty, banterful and maybe a bit cooky and rude?

I "started" the club, and I "paid" for someone to clean my van....how low can you get?!?!?!

Honestly (did I really say that?) as long as you take the p*ss out of Mark after he's "teached" you how to do the job, it's no problem.
    (He really is a helpful guy, and I think he takes "money" for the products, and gets "pleasure" from doing the work (yeah, he's a pervert!).

PM him, or if needed, PM me, and I'll 'phone him (that'll be 5 quid you owe me for the call) !

Quote Originally Posted by Or_GazM View Post
    I "started" the club, and I "paid" for someone to clean my van....how low can you get?!?!?!
    Sir you are scum! lol just kidding and its ok ill message him or speak to him on here its just got me thinking id love to be able to get a finish close to what he does! and dont worry I wouldnt expect you to do that (you would need a small mortgage lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Or_GazM View Post
    You're not alone.....seems Smart owner either have OCD or they're GAY.....I think the gay ones have more idea of real life to be honest
    I still wash ours in washing up liquid....it looks shiny, and it's cheap (as are the Tupperware panels that you cleaning! )
    Just done my Dub today...power-washer with washing-up liquid in the soap dispenser....should last 'til end of October at least.....maybe I'll wash the Smart before we go on 6 week holiday...but that's easy...1 bucket with soap and a sponge....done for this year then

It's a BLOODY car.....NOT the "Love of your Life"....or at least, that's how it should be! Spend the time/money/effort on your partner....and have a HAPPY life.
    From a previous post

Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    From a previous post
    You're getting there!
    I saw you dragged that old thread up.....and was trying to think of a suitable reply...but I've got 2 cars in bits at the moment...
    Adam, the ForTwo, is waiting for the clips....so maybe I have to get my electric toothbrush out and clean the inner panels before I fit the outer ones back on!

Evil, my van, has a wood burning stove in the back at the moment...only place to store it for a week or two!

Abel, the Roadie..well..it's sunny here (but only 8C) so I thought I'd tackle the exhaust on him too (as Hille has tomorrow off work)..so another 20 or so screws to undo!

Cain, the trailer, is full of rubbish to take to the tip next week.

So, in summary, Adam and Evil, Cain and Abel are all off the road until tomorrow (or later, depending upon weather...whether or not I get them sorted).

Yeah I thought it was quite comical and fitted the thread (perfect timing) My plan is similar to get another car and take Lolly off the road so i can make her into a 'Proper' project car

Thanks for the mention Gaz

Hey Diz,

You can book courses etc and they can cut down the amount of reading you have to do by bringing you upto speed but to detail professionally you need to spend a long time perfecting the craft! Its as much about products and equipement as it is technique & experience!

I dont do training sessions (well TBH ive never been asked) but if you wanted your car detailing and wanted to book it in Im happy to convert it into a demo/on the job training for you to learn enough to do your own car! As for products I can arrange products for you (i basically add your order to mine saving you the postage).

If there was enough interest and a venue could be sorted then id happily do it as a group session.

Well the offers on the table if you're interested.

And in case you're wondering, ive been reading and studying detailing as a weekend hobby for around 8 years (forums, books, videos etc etc!) and only decided to go fully pro just over a year or so ago after i got more and more enquiries as well as finally feeling ready!

One thing to bear in mind is to achieve the best results requires lots of little but expensive bits of kit (I dread to think how much I have spent) not to mention insurance to carry out the work!!

Once your car has been done, a few simple products are all you need to keep it in top condition

Hope this helps

Mark
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page

"Once your car has been done, a few simple products are all you need to keep it in top condition".....RAIN!!!

My van looks shiny everytime it rains on it!

Yeah, cost me more in 2 days for a "wash" than I ever spent in 30 years TOTAL....but it was worth it as I want to keep this 13 year old van!