Thread: New to Smartz - ForFour questions and advice please ;)

New to Smartz - ForFour questions and advice please ;)

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but have a ForFour Passion already. Don't judge me i'm looking for a Brabus !

I'm looking for a Mint 44 Brabus, preferably Black... If u see any please let me know.

I've been through some of the posts but there are quite a few so I may have missed a few things.

The questions;

1. Where do I get the wide arch strips/kits - anyone know a cost ?

2. The brab comes with multi function steering wheel - is this a trip computer and does it have cruise control. I don't think it does have cruise control but can you add it ?

3. Anyone using paddle shift, can u add it if you want ?

4. Whats the standard stereo and speaker performance like and what brand is it ? If i put anything in my door cubby holes the speakers vibrate annoyingly

5. Seen a couple of re-map posts - anyone get over the 200bhp ? Cost of a re-map ?

6. Any feedback on the whole Torque steer issue and anyone done anything to counter act this ?

7. Is there a list or site to show the wheel options ? Or are you guys just running the std mono's ?

Sorry about the list ! Any info would be welcome before I buy I will keep reading the posts, getting excited about the new car and reading all the cool sh*t you guys have done

Anyone gone mad and tried swapping the bubble lights out or put xenon's in etc ?

Ha ha bit of a question rant.

Cheers Andy.

1. not sure what you mean...
    2. trip yes no cruise & mixed response on the Mrdotcom aftermarket one
    3. no as it's a manual not semi-auto
    4. OK, speakers are easy enough to change to better ones though
    5. yes over 200 possible, depends who you go to & what you want.
    6. torque steer on the Brabus not as bad as a mapped CDi...
    7. 4 x 114.3 fitment wheels, lots of choice depends what you like!

Kate

Thanks for the reply Kate

1. I've found some on Ebay, they are just plastic arch strips that give a wider arch effect.

Thanks for the other answers, cleared a few things up

Do u have one ?

Cheers

Andrew.

Used to have a highly tuned CDi semi-auto, have a colt czc turbo now which shares a fair amount with the brabus forfour but has a folding roof and we also have a Brabus forfour but Paul drives that more than I do!

We also have a 450, 451 and a Roadie and 3 more 450's as loan cars

www.smart-stuff.co.uk

Kate

hi and welcome.....

1. the arch strips are from the 450 BRAB but i have trial fitted them on my forfour as per my posts on here
    2. trip but no cruise (retrofittable non OEM as fly by wire throttle but buggy)
    3. no paddle shift on BRAB, only on the standard ones
    4. HU is good but spend 25 on alpine 2way for the rear and 30 on mids for the front and you will have a lovely sound as the BRAB has the sub under the passenger seat.
    5. i have an excellent remap from tune4performance who developed it themselves using my car as a test mule and was up to 207bhp for a bit but dialled it back to just over 200 to be more driveable.
    6. torque steer isn't too bad. fitting a set of rear wheels on the front so you have 225 tyres all round reduces it.
    7. there are a number out there but i won't shift from my monos as they are so nice (even though they are soft and corrode) but there is a list of manufacturers who run same PCD on my site

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

Thanks for the info, I'm now just waiting to find a good low mileage example

I did see a thread about the mercedes- smart navigation/command but can't find it now. Not sure if it was even on this forum, anyone have any links ?

Cheers

Andrew.

The comand unit is ok but I wouldn't hold on for one.

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases