Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Protection Detail on a Roadster

Thanks mhobson

Gaz, I know I didnt explicitly say, but those products have to come out of the bucket for them to useful in protecting your cars
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page

Is "coming out of the bucket" a detailer's way of announcing something?

And great job above as always. Have to say though, I prefer the looks of your greenhouse. And I'd normally not say such nice things about roadsters with an extension. But yours rocks.
    Past:
    City Coupe Passion 1999 LHD, Fortwo CDI 2002 LHD, Fortwo 2003 RHD. :
    Present:
    Smart Roadster Convertible 2005 1.1 Passion 2006,

Thanks sneakinhysteria

Obviously I love the green house, but over the course of the day, I did quite fall in love with the notch back with that spoiler on
    www.atten2detail.co.uk

I wonder Mark if you have a similar outlook to my wife, who I regularly accuse of having Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as she's a clean freak around the house, her reply is usually:

"there is no OCD, just correct ways of doing things!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark84 View Post
    Thanks sneakinhysteria

Obviously I love the green house, but over the course of the day, I did quite fall in love with the notch back with that spoiler on
    I'm now contemplating for weeks whether I should add "that spoiler" to mine or not at some stage. Issue is: can I justify a Brabus wing without the rest of the body kit? And can I justify any without a Brabus engine? Then, there is the SB2 remap which could solve this moral issue... Then again, I could get a nice detailing for the price of "that spoiler... On the other hand, the boot lid needs a respray anyway... Arrrgh!
    Past:
    Present:

Quote Originally Posted by mhobson View Post
    I wonder Mark if you have a similar outlook to my wife, who I regularly accuse of having Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as she's a clean freak around the house, her reply is usually:

"there is no OCD, just correct ways of doing things!"

Your wife is spot on! In my eyes, its not obsessive, its just the only way it should be done

Sneakinhysteria, that spoiler looks great, but if the bootlid is being sprayed, why not look into it being blended in and then sprayed as one, thus making it your own as for the rest of it, look at S-mann, would be cheaper and better (esp side skirts! And i hear the front splitter actuly helps with downforce!), skip the SB2 and get to tune4performance at S2Smarts and end up with something alot better than a brab (in my eyes anyway).

I love the brab look, but know that its not always the best kit (like I will have to do everything possible to avoid taking the rear end off mine as the side skirts are a PITA to remove to get to it!!!)

Mine has been flash mapped (ie not on a RR) and so plan to get it re-done eventually by T4P after upgrading the suspension!

Thats my 2p anyway

Of course a good detailing session is icing on the cake once the car is running sound and painting all sorted, and will definately make your car stand out more for all the right reasons
    www.atten2detail.co.uk

Also thought about blending in but I always come back to this:

I saw it on a Japanese YouTube video and this is how I want the exterior of my finished Roadter to look like, just in original Shine Yellow on a black tridion, all restored to its former glory (and better). So mirrors and original side skirts will need colour coding. Just can't make up my mind about front bumper/lights and particularly rear centre. Either will remain original or same as tridion for the contrast that looks so great with yellow/black. Will keep the spike lines silver, though.
    Past:
    Present: