Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Awards...AGAIN!

Awards...AGAIN!

"
    Quote Originally Posted by postie View Post
    that is often the problem, Bill g4tes always needs to reboot to fix whereas steve j0bs does not, however my ford transit seems to run on ms the ecu should make it rev at 750 rpm yet on occasion it rises to 1500 and a reboot (turn the key off and back on) fixes it hopefully this will fix this issue
    And (yes, I know I shouldn't start a "jail" sentence with "and"), but I think now is the time to award a "Mad Smartz Club" award to postie!!!
    I didn't "request" one for him as the last 5 or 6 I requested seemed to have got "lost-in-the-post".
    There are quite a few new members still waiting for awards.....but even SuperStevie (a Member) couldn't find the "requests"...maybe everyone should try again!
    If "someone" could look back at the requests, or even look at people who have added "MSc" or "Mad Smartz Club" to their sigs in the last 6 months, there may be less p*ssed off members on the forum!

I could list them here....but if a Mod would like to PM me I could tell them who wants this "Very Interactive Prestige" (VIP) Award.

I did make a "small" fuss about this some time ago....and the primary thread STILL has to be re-posted (but it was removed for discussion amongst the "Admin Group"....and we heard nothing!).

I think I may start yet ANOTHER thread on this....
    Yep..I will....new thread coming up, with this cr*p copied to it

Sorry Stevie.....but it seems there is only a limited way to get things noticed... "

Qouted from another post...but still frustrated (and so are many others).

How long does it actually take to discuss my original thread from about 3 months ago?

This thread was started after the 1st one "went missing"....
    http://www.smartz.co.uk/showthread.p...d-Smartz-Hides.....
    The original one is still "in limbo".....

I second this award and also possibly an MBE too perhaps ?
    A wise old owl lived in an oak
    The more he saw the less he spoke
    The less he spoke the more he heard.
    Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

Member of the Official "Mad Smartz Club" (MSc)
    New recruit

forgot about that thread in my rush to come back to dreary england after my hols - wow though......

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

You won't get an MBE but a MGL is entirely possible.

MGL - Member Gaz Land

Morris Garage liability? lol

New recruit

Where did it go?
    The 2nd one had oodles of replies....but the one that started it all?!?!?!?!

Still never had ANYTHING....not even a PM stating why it was deleted, other than "It's under discussion, as to if it is against forum rules" (not the exact words....but that was the only message I got as to why it "went to limbo")

Would have been nice to hear exactly what "rules" it contravened....and later to hear what the outcome was.

Maybe it's time for someone to drag back that 2nd thread...(NOT me, I've been banned twice already!!!)

BRABUS is "supposed" to be a member......but daren't add it to his sig....

"All big mouth, and two back legs" as my wife says about our dog.....Barks like hell, but won't advertise how good he is!

Have you looked in the admin section? lol

New recruit

Quote Originally Posted by postie View Post
    Have you looked in the admin section? lol
    Yep....
    Most of them are "dead", or so it seems.

Strangely, "Mods" don't appear in any way or form....

SuperStevie is about the only one that puts an appearance (or his face into the void) for anything useful.
    StevRS pokes his nose in when he feels like making it known that bikes are better than cars (or he has something HE wants to say).
    Esqulax....?!?!?!?!?
    Matt....Once got a Happy Birthday msg, Hille says!
    AndyM....he's older than a Sinclair Spectums game idea (ie, it was Monopoly!, for a computer)
    Roadie2003.....possibly last opened his computer at the same date!

LucidSmart2005.....OK, IF you have any REAL problem, contact him.
    He "runs" the site, he knows what he's doing techy wise, but recently (I suspect) can't be a$$ed with it anymore (not his fault, I think he drives a Bentley Continetal GT3 these days after the money he got from supporting Smartz)

Who, if anyone, are "Mods"?
    It doesn't state this anywhere.....

i have suggested that someone help support stacey!

she does a really good job and has many other commitments! we aren't an easy bunch to manage and the sites not just about a select few, its a source of excellent advice and the continued throughput of internet traffic keeps the sponsors happy and supporting the site.

but i do agree on a number of points.....having been on the end of internet harassment without action of reported posts but also been banned from forums because of petty moderation.

the rules are there for everyone to read but the moderators (of all forums) don't even follow their own rules.

if a thread/post is deemed to be in need of moderation then whats wrong with a "we've taken this post away for the following reason" or if you report a bad post (not spam) then you get a "sorry you have had to report a post, we will look into it!"

at least then people know that the report function works (which it doesn't always)

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases