Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Awards...AGAIN!

Forums should have rules for everyone to follow but sometimes taking people to one side and almost banging their heads together like teachers did when we were kids at school can also work. It depends on the people involved. It's all about being flexible and above all about being open with it.

I purposely didn't mention Stacey (MrPoo), as she is NOT mentioned anywhere in the "Whois" section!
    This is really a kick-in-the-vagina-area as she has done most to sort out this site recently

Whilst it was HER who took that 1st thread away (for reasons unkown to us mere mortals), it should have been others to decide what should happen, and some feedback should have been forthcoming.

I have to admit, Stacey and I have never seen eye-to-eye on 90% of things, but she was almost always around and I did think she would make a good moderator (What do they say?...Learn by your mistakes?)

We still don't agree on many things, but I do think we have come to an "understanding" between us.

I still make my usual comments about her....and always will....but I think there is some "moderation" between us now (at least, I haven't been banned in the last 6 months )

SuperStevie is SuperBusy at the moment in his life (I think he is having a Penis Enlargement or something )

Hille just made the point that there are a lot of things said, to and from, "Moderators" (whatever they are, as they are not defined in the site rules) that should be kept to PMs....

Quote Originally Posted by BRABUS View Post
    Forums should have rules for everyone to follow but sometimes taking people to one side and almost banging their heads together like teachers did when we were kids at school can also work. It depends on the people involved. It's all about being flexible and above all about being open with it.
    Can't do that these days Rob!!!
    I used to have the 'board rubber thrown at me at least once/week.....and the "snotty" kids new ruler tested on my head to see how easy it would break!
    One of my favourite teachers at school....

These days....well, we've seen how kids take control!

I've just sorted the only outstanding award request, I don't know what others you think there are, but they're all cleared.

The thread gets approved and we comment to say we've given the award, the user gets a PM to notify them.

If they don't put anything in their signature, that's up to them!

Once again Gaz, constantly undermining and criticizing the admin team isn't doing you any favours. We're not paid, this isn't a democracy, and we do our best with the time and resources that we have. Like all other members, you're a guest of this site, you don't get any "rights" to anything.

One of my favourite Scouting phrases "If you can't play nicely, we'll just take the ball away".

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post
    Once again Gaz, constantly undermining and criticizing the admin team isn't doing you any favours. We're not paid, this isn't a democracy, and we do our best with the time and resources that we have. Like all other members, you're a guest of this site, you don't get any "rights" to anything.

One of my favourite Scouting phrases "If you can't play nicely, we'll just take the ball away".

I guess you didn't read the whole thread Stacey!

For once, there was NO critism of thineself.

There are at least 2 requests I put in for the club, that just "went away" as Stevie said....and 3 or 4 others that just haven't been awarded.
    I'll have to look back in my PMs to find out who they were...so sit in your chair and wiggle your wheels

As for "Taking the ball away".....you lose out as most of us on the forum have a spare anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Or_GazM View Post
    As for "Taking the ball away".....you lose out as most of us on the forum have a spare anyway!
    Can't see what is lost for Mr Poo if everyone left.

My main dig at the "Admin Team", is that there isn't one!!!
    "There's no I in team", as they say.....but it seems on this site there is....as only ONE person ever seems to be present....and not even mentioned in the Forum Rules/Info.
    You should quit Stacey, until the "Gods of Smartz" wake up and recognise you.

Any new member, looking at rules, etc, would think "Who the hell is this MrPoo?....Just some GUY making a noise on the forum!"

It seems the site runs itself pretty well, until a request is made, and then it collapses like a house of cards in a gale.

" Like all other members, you're a guest of this site, you don't get any "rights" to anything."

So, how would the site be without all the "guests"

A conference of Admins....talking to each other once a month?

Members should be allowed "input" to the site, or it's a useless place to log into.
    You seem to think the site should be run like ancient Greece, where Galileo Galilei was put under house arrest (ie, got a ban) for saying what he thought was true.

Just because we're not responding to your inane sh*t, Gaz, doesn't mean we've gone away.

Just recently we actually discussed closing the site in its entirety, largely because of the negative impact you have had. So perhaps you can chalk it up as a 'win', because we just cant be bothered with YOU any more.

Watch this space.

(Hope the other admins don't mind me posting this)

Quote Originally Posted by StevRS View Post
    Just because we're not responding to your inane sh*t, Gaz, doesn't mean we've gone away.

Just recently we actually discussed closing the site in its entirety, largely because of the negative impact you have had. So perhaps you can chalk it up as a 'win', because we just cant be bothered with YOU any more.

Watch this space.

I think that would be a major 'LOSE' Steve, as many of the members actually enjoy this site for the humour as well as the (sometimes) serious advise they get!

Yeah, I have a "issue" with you personally for pointing out (ALL THE TIME) that 2 wheels are better than 4....so why be an Admin on a CAR forum!?!?!?

You say my "impact is negative"?
    What threads get the most response?

It's nearly always the ones that have some "fun factor" that appears randomly.....even, often, off-topic.
    It does keep the threads alive though.

As before...something I said, surely THIS conversation should have been in a PM......
    But I guess you are used to washing your laundry in public.

IF you can't be a$$ed doing it, let someone else take over the job.....but at least post it on the forum so new members know "Who-is-who".....

As MrPoo says....."You are not allowed to criticise my OPINION!"

I'm sure many other members have opinions about how the site has been (or NOT) managed recently.....so why not take a "Poll" asking how people think?

I thought you all had to have a discussion about anything before you could even wipe your own a$$es?

Quote;
    Having a Smart is only the beginning. Why not join in with the community?

What are you doing? Can you guess the member? Know of any new music? Share your 5 thoughts? Got a good joke to share? Can you describe the person above?

Anyone have any idea as to which question I should reply to?
    Last edited by Or_GazM; 16-12-2013 at 08:41 PM.

...and as i keep saying, get more resources. its not difficult. there must be lots of volunteers floating around. make it easier for yourself?

and that in itself is an issue in my mind. educate not enrage. discuss not dictate. communicate not castrate!!

just my POV really as you guys do a pretty good job......there is just a lack of communication associated to some of the things that go on.

and Gaz - just chill out a little.....its bloody christmas (maybe stick your head in the snow and send Hille round to mine)

JJ
    Last edited by problemchild1976; 16-12-2013 at 09:55 PM.

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases