Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabriolet Passion 2010 ?

Cabriolet Passion 2010 ?

Hi everyone ,

I would like some help in deciding on a 2nd hand car from a local dealer as I am not sure if it's a good deal or not .

The car I am looking at is

1.0 ltr Cabriolet Passion petrol 2010 (60) 71bhp
    1 owner
    59000 miles
    leather heated seats
    Condition of the paint work is spotless.

The dealer is asking 4995 .

I am hoping someone can help guide me in the right direction if its a good deal and worth the asking price as I do like the idea of a compact city car but not too sure about the different models available .

Thanks in advance

Avoid. Have a search for MHD belt issues, and you'll soon realise not to touch it. Either buy a 84bhp turbo or a diesel :-)
    Sensible mode deactivated, back in a Roadster

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

That's not far off the price of a car via the smart approved used scheme, worth checking out first.
    Tony

Living life with Pure Passion, always with my finger on the Pulse

Don't focus on mileage alone, an engine thats done 80,000 and been well looked after/rebuilt will be better than an engine thats done half that and been neglected/abused.

Make sure it's got good service history and has been serviced with proper Smart parts.

RUN AWAY. The 3 letters MHD on the back of the Smart mean that at some point you are almost certainly going to have a belt and/or pulley failure and probably a ruined engine. The cost of the engine will make your car a write off

As said above AVOID it and do some reading about these MHD cars.

This is a good article to start you off http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=info&mod=886

Thanks for all your advice I asked about the cars history and the dealer is advising me that they don't have the log book as it has been lost and I would have to order it from DVLA and there will be a charge of 25 also they do not have Service history for the car so I can not check what has been done to it .

The general condition although looks great with all the bells & whistle.

I also noted that the dealer has had the car for nearly a month now however it is the better spec car compared to all their other fortwos' around the same year & Price.

No log book at a dealer is ringing even more alarm bells for me. No service history and I wouldn't even consider it unless they halved the price so I had the spare money to fix it when it DOES go wrong.

It however sounds to me like you have already made your mind up to buy it. I hope I am wrong but if you have I hope it all goes well
    Last edited by BRABUS; 26-01-2014 at 02:50 PM.

With brabus on this. It might be fine, but it all sounds dodgy to me. How can you order a V5 if you aren't the owner?

You say it's got all the belts and whistles, which ones?
    Sensible mode deactivated, back in a Roadster

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

No logbook, no service history, and better spec compared to all their other fortwos' around the same year & Price....

run away, run far, and run fast.

It's not this dealer is it?!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by mhobson; 26-01-2014 at 04:23 PM.