Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cabriolet Passion 2010 ?

No, not on the 451 as far as I know, apart from those that get cooked by the MHD belt snap
    Sensible mode deactivated, back in a Roadster

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

As stated above MHD is a problem, go for a petrol turbo or a Cdi, and the lack of any service history and the very high mileage for the year should put you right off.

I had similar problems recently finding a good Fortwo locally at 3 or 4 years old, as each one was as bad as the next regarding bodywork. You would have thought they had been in a war zone, with dents, etc. And that was before looking at them mechanically or test driving them, as I just walked away.

I had to eventually look further afield for a good one, and after a long search got one, a one owner car. Mine was a Cdi at 22K miles for a similar price as your looking for, a Passion with sat nav, though with panoramic roof, not convertible.

So you can get a decent Fortwo if you keep looking
    Last edited by colin2x2; 26-01-2014 at 09:25 PM.

No I was meaning I would rather have the high mileage 450 over the 451 MHD

As others have said, avoid avoid avoid!

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Thanks for all your advise on the MHD have decided to stay away from them . My local has quite a few of them available for sale though and they all seem to be in very good condition exterior and interior wise .

Quote Originally Posted by classic123 View Post
    Thanks for all your advise on the MHD have decided to stay away from them . My local has quite a few of them available for sale though and they all seem to be in very good condition exterior and interior wise .
    Unfortunately they're severely flawed. If you're looking at used, hunt out a decent diesel.

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

I've never owned a diesel before probably because I don't do long journeys mostly my driving area is limited to within M25 .

At the moment I'm trying to get the 450 fixed by doing most of the work like sensors etc myself to cut the cost of heavy bills but if it works out to be too expensive I might then just get rid of it and focus on the newer model. I still prefer the 450 to the 451 and would love to get it all fixed up and back on the road again.