Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabriolet Passion 2010 ?

I appreciate all your advise and must admit I did like the fact it had Satnav ,heated seats and the convertible just set it off for me I have since spoken to the dealer regarding them not having the log book and they advised me that they have done all the search on the vehicle and its all checked out fine and there is no finance on the car and the reason they have not ordered the log book from DVLA is because it would then show up as them being the 2nd owner .

I really like the car but the SH is not there and that is a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by mhobson View Post
    No logbook, no service history, and better spec compared to all their other fortwos' around the same year & Price....
    They are making it look very appealing compared with the other cars. The car looks like a real bargain because they obviously want it gone and gone for a reason quickly is what I think and what probably what other people think and so that is why it has been sat there for so long.

If you do buy it, please keep us all update how the purchase goes..........

Satnav is standard from 2010 onwards, so the only option is the heated seats. Having a quick look, it seems really cheap. 6k is roughly where it should be.

Having a quick look on ebay, there is this diesel one that isn't too far off your budget of other one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-SMART...item4acc96da49
    Sensible mode deactivated, back in a Roadster

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

....and if you don't trust ebay ads then here is the dealers web site and land line details http://www.my-bcm.co.uk/used-cars/smart

I just made them a cheeky offer and he's going to get back to me ..not holding my breath though.

Thanks for that Superstevie I would like to keep the budget around 5K ,not too sure about the red interior also leather & heated seats are a must for my requirement .

I wonder if Smart can give me any information whether it has been regularly serviced on their system or not..just a thought .
    Last edited by classic123; 26-01-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: additional comment

Just did some googling on that place you found Stevie..... Wow it makes for some interesting reading.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews239193.html

It might be worth the OP doing the same about the garage they are looking to buy their car from.

Quote Originally Posted by BRABUS View Post
    Just did some googling on that place you found Stevie..... Wow it makes for some interesting reading.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews239193.html

It might be worth the OP doing the same about the garage they are looking to buy their car from.
    Interesting find BRABUS my local garage has a mixed review also so not too sure . I have asked them to check if to their knowledge the car has had the V belt fix .

Ah well, you win some you loose some.

How silly was the offer? To be honest, to me, the MHD is the biggest issue.
    Sensible mode deactivated, back in a Roadster

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

For me I would buy a smart with 100k and no service history over a smart that is an MHD any day of the week. You know that a normal smart will need a rebuild in its life but an MHD will kill itself in a big way quite soon and more expensive that a non MHD rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by BRABUS View Post
    For me I would buy a smart with 100k and no service history over a smart that is an MHD any day of the week. You know that a normal smart will need a rebuild in its life but an MHD will kill itself in a big way quite soon and more expensive that a non MHD rebuild.
    Are there any 451's out there that have needed a rebuild? I thought the 84bhp Mitsubishi engine was made of sterner stuff. As everyone else has pointed out, avoid the MHD at all costs. I looked at one when buying my 84 bhp Passion cabrio, and the only reason I got it was due to the guaranteed trade-in value on the Saab. I wasn't aware of the belt issues with the MHD at the time, and certainly would have welcomed the advice being given now. Best of luck with your purchase.