Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: How to clean my car?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8

    How to clean my car?

    Hello all!


    I have just bought a brand new CDI Pulse in Matte Grey, and I am wondering what the best way to wash the car is?

    Obviously the usual soapy water with a lambswoll mitt or some form of microfibre sponge, but what soap should I use? Autoglym?

    And if somebody could advise what sealant I should use on the matte panels that would be great!


    Cheers all!
    Dino

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belper, England
    Posts
    1,120

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by BRABUS View Post
    Mark will be along soon to tell you exactly how to do it.

    Thanks, but who is Mark!? haha

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    25
    http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Search...=matte&Submit=

    I use chemical guys matte range for my panels and I know swissvax do a good range too.

    http://www.swissvax.co.uk/view_products/opaque_range

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkysmart View Post
    http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Search...=matte&Submit=

    I use chemical guys matte range for my panels and I know swissvax do a good range too.

    http://www.swissvax.co.uk/view_products/opaque_range

    Thanks Dinky! I know you told me this via Instagram, but I forgot which brands you mentioned!.. Thanks for this info...!


    Dino

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino1993 View Post
    Thanks Dinky! I know you told me this via Instagram, but I forgot which brands you mentioned!.. Thanks for this info...!


    Dino
    No problem

    Chelsea

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    502
    Ok first thing you need to understand is your paint is VERY different to normal paint!

    The texture of the surface disperses the light hitting it, reducing the element of reflection and so producing the muted or matte appearance.

    Your paint is VERY particular in how it should be maintained and 99% of the products that can be used on traditional paint like clay, cleaners and polish are useless to you.

    Bare in mind that oils, waxes, sap, tar, bird lime, polish, gloss enhancers, clay, in fact even your fingerprints will turn the surface satin and eventually semi glossy as they build up and fill or flatten the texture of the surface!

    That means if you scratch your paint you cannot polish it, you cannot clay it to remove bonded contaminants like tar or sap, in fact all you can do is wash and protect and pray that nothing craps on it in the night!

    Most shampoos you find on the high-street contain gloss enhancers that are bad news for your paint!

    The good news is nanolex have made and entire range for matte paint

    http://www.monzacarcare.com/nanolex-1/

    Buy it, all of it!

    Wash, and protect your paint and then wash and quick detail with their matte range, re-topping up the sealant every so often!

    Nanolex has been tried and tested and does one thing very well for matte paints, KEEPS THEM CLEAN!

    I hope this helps, but as always feel free to shout if you need more help

    Im Mark by the way
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belper, England
    Posts
    1,120
    I told you he would be along, he always is and with great advice as always.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by BRABUS View Post
    I told you he would be along, he always is and with great advice as always.
    Im like MI5, always watching you

    Its worth saying that if you need advice on 'how' to wash your car safely, check out my guide on eviluton: http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=info&mod=859

    Check out this awesome vid by Larry Korsilla on Matte Paint http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUzvhh...&persist_app=1

    My other piece of advice would be to search for a reputable detailer local to you to do the original protection of the paint. It will often be cheaper than what the main dealer would have quoted you and done properly (check they have full motor trade insurance BTW). Ask if they use Nanolex Matte range (most will if working on matte paint) and if you can do a deal where they supply you the products for after use. Your only issue is finding one who will work on matte paint. After that, keeping it regularly clean should be easy

    I meant to say, knowing the true cost of Matte Paint, it is likely your's is likely to be a wrap (same as the ford RS500), which is handy because if it is ever really trashed, while it would still cost several hundred, you could get the whole car redone (bear in mind that it would need to be the whole car as it would be impossible to find the same grade of matte finish!).

    Hope some of the above has been a little helpful

    Mark
    Last edited by Mark84; 26-03-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark84 View Post
    Im like MI5, always watching you

    Its worth saying that if you need advice on 'how' to wash your car safely, check out my guide on eviluton: http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=info&mod=859

    Check out this awesome vid by Larry Korsilla on Matte Paint http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUzvhh...&persist_app=1

    My other piece of advice would be to search for a reputable detailer local to you to do the original protection of the paint. It will often be cheaper than what the main dealer would have quoted you and done properly (check they have full motor trade insurance BTW). Ask if they use Nanolex Matte range (most will if working on matte paint) and if you can do a deal where they supply you the products for after use. Your only issue is finding one who will work on matte paint. After that, keeping it regularly clean should be easy

    I meant to say, knowing the true cost of Matte Paint, it is likely your's is likely to be a wrap (same as the ford RS500), which is handy because if it is ever really trashed, while it would still cost several hundred, you could get the whole car redone (bear in mind that it would need to be the whole car as it would be impossible to find the same grade of matte finish!).

    Hope some of the above has been a little helpful

    Mark

    Hello Mark!! Very helpful of you, thank you so much for all of the advice, I have placed my orders for the products, I will fire up some photos soon!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •