Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to clean my car?

Great stuff!

If you ordered the cleaner and sealant, take my advice, cleanse twice, use as many fresh towels as you can (or fold and rotate the side you use) often, then apply the sealant. If you have a garage, do all this inside, allow 12 hours to cure then dust the surface quickly with a fresh towel and apply a second coat! It just ensure 100% even coverage

Look forward to seeing the pics
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page

Quote Originally Posted by Mark84 View Post
    Great stuff!

If you ordered the cleaner and sealant, take my advice, cleanse twice, use as many fresh towels as you can (or fold and rotate the side you use) often, then apply the sealant. If you have a garage, do all this inside, allow 12 hours to cure then dust the surface quickly with a fresh towel and apply a second coat! It just ensure 100% even coverage

Look forward to seeing the pics
    Gosh, there certainly is a lot more to this than I thought!!! Is there any "quick and easy" (lazy) way I can safely clean and protect my matte paint?

Thanks so much!
    Dino

Yep, you pay a professional to do it. it's hard work, that's why top notch detailers charge you more than the Polish car wash does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino1993 View Post
    Gosh, there certainly is a lot more to this than I thought!!! Is there any "quick and easy" (lazy) way I can safely clean and protect my matte paint?

Thanks so much!
    Dino
    The easy way is to start with the shampoo, wash it regularily and then spritz the rinsed car with the quick detailer as you dry the car using an MF towel.

Im sorry to say this and if Smart didn't explain then shame on them, but matte paint is a real ball a**e to care for, and again not all detailers will look after it!

My real advice is to get a pro to put down the initial coating for you, leaving you an easy to look after finish. If you was more local I would have been happy to have given you a quote, sadly you're a bit too far for me to travel

It shouldn't be an extortionate price as there is not as many prep steps as there is with gloss paint (largely because the tech doesn't yet exist).

Once sealed, regular gentle washing and drying with the nanolex range should make it a doddle

If you watched the vid I posted you'll see that its worth the money getting the protection down early

Hope this is genuinely helpful, but feel free to PM me here or via FB if you want more help or recommendations for a detailer

Mark
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page