Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Will the last person out please turn off the lights & lock the door

- possibly - or evilution or my own forum. its all become a blur

wasn't saying you should have done the email but clearly you saw the benefit of messaging members to inform them of a change in the site (gaz leaving) so you must see the benefit of a site wide email to say the place is up and running again.

i'm not disgreeing with your view on the site, but mine is that the members of the site are the ones that build the site. they are the key contributors and owners/suppliers of the Intellectual Property that makes the site what it is. Evilution has visitors. Forums have members. Anyone can buy a domain and pay to host a forum on server but without members (not visitors) there is nothing. Members spend money and a lot of time to post information on the site to help others and when that information goes off line theey are entitled to enquire why and get updates....... when your train is late, they dont just announce the delay and then you never hear anything again until the train turns up (or never does). There was a time when it seemed like the site had gone forever. I only knew what was going on because i asked on manaiacs and others only because of FB but many many many other members (whats the current member count?) would have had no idea!

i think you see things as criticism from people who dont care but its the total opposite.

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

Just popped in to see how the old site was doing and walked into a big row ,

I'm glad the site is up and running again ( I did try to access it a couple of times when it was " down " ) , this site was the first one I signed up to when I got my first smart ( my lovely roadster ) , and I had some great times at a couple of the early meets the site organised ( at Lavernhan , Norfolk and the early London to Brighton runs ) , with members such as Roadie , Andy mullins , brabus , and quite a few others , Sadly as time went on things changed and I took less and less participation on the site ( for a while it went in directions that I didn't feel comfortable with ) BUT this site has always held very good memories for me and I truly would be very dissapointed to see it close ....... I hope peoples differences can be resolved and the site can regain the brilliant feel it once had ....... at the end of the day all the members still have at least one very big thing in common ........ we are all " smart " owners ........ So hopefully Smartz can keep going .
    . [/I]

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post

He wouldn't have survived on many, and I understand has pushed his luck on TRN.
    In the interests of fairness, Gaz hasn't had any discipline issues on TR.n, his posts have been fine, his jokes are as bad as ever though!

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    In the interests of fairness, Gaz hasn't had any discipline issues on TR.n, his posts have been fine, his jokes are as bad as ever though!
    I stand corrected then, Chinese whispers and all that.

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post
    I stand corrected then, Chinese whispers and all that.
    But no apology for slander!
    For Detailing advice, or to see examples of my work please visit
    www.atten2detail.co.uk
    Essex Detailer | Essex Car Detailing
    www.facebook.com/Atten2Detail
    Don't forget to 'Like' the page

Quote Originally Posted by Mark84 View Post
    But no apology for slander!
    Given that it's not slander, and the vile statements made about me and several other members were the reason he's gone, I don't think so.

However, I think it's time to retire this now.

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse

never seen an apology from stacey - ever!!

DRL vs fog light discussions come to mind and the fabia vRS [sighs]

JJ

www.evilution.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild1976 View Post

JJ
    More untruths again JJ.

Again, I think it's time to retire this now...

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild1976 View Post

JJ
    It is precisely this dragging up the past and accompanying goading that is killing this forum causing people to leave. Take that from someone who left.

Wonder why there's little in the way of mod presence? Look at how you treat them.

Ha - wondered when you would appear to have a pop. Your last contribution to the forum was July 2013 so at least if got you active again.

It's not the past - it's all here on the site to be read in black and white I'm affraid.

An public accusation of someone unable to defend themselves which in public has been disproved should, in a civilised environment such as the workplace, desire an apology in that public place. Especially by someone in authority or it sets precedence.

But as you has reminded me in the past, apparantly this isn't a civilised environment and the semi anonymous abuse can remain.

Sorry for dragging up the past but these are facts that are available for all to see.

JJ

www.evilution.co.uk