Thread: Any help on TowBar or Roof Bars for the new Smart For Four?

Arrow Any help on TowBar or Roof Bars for the new Smart For Four?

I love my camping trips and we were just about to upgrade to a bigger tent, which means I need additional luggage carrying capability on my car. I then hit a brick wall as I am struggling to find anyone who can add an approved towbar to the new Smart ForFour, or add any type of roofbox.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a solution?

My 12-year-old was not happy!

Julia

You will never find an 'approved' tow bar as the car itself is not approved for towing!

We are working on one though to allow bike racks to be fitted as smart haven't made one and the ones that put straps over the tailgate are not suitsble.

Kate

Maybe in the Netherlands, you can find what you need.
    (Not drugs. lol)

Kate how come Mister Dot Com claims that his tow bars are approved for Europe wide use?

Any other ideas how I can attach any extra luggage space? I am struggling with roof bars as well.

Thanks Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by bRABUS View Post
    Kate how come Mister Dot Com claims that his tow bars are approved for Europe wide use?

Misterdotcom appear to be stating they have got approval from the KBA (Gernan road traffic legislation authority,)... That's not the same as TUV vehicle approval/homologation.
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

the Renualt twingo has a bike rack which fits like the old 451 rack which bolts though the rear bumper cover but the forfour has no holes in the rear bumper weather they have holes in the bumper Xmember i do not know

Quote Originally Posted by BRABUS View Post
    The only thing we can think they did was take a Swiss car (which do have a tow weight.. but are not EU homologated...) to the TUV station! The 450 ones they did claim TUV for.