Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine to fit 450 city car

to get the full potential of the engine, make sure that you get a roadster turbo too. Sadly you will have to enlarge the flange on your exhaust to fit to a larger turbo manifold or get a different exhaust, janspeed or brabus. It is really a straight forward job, simple and easy. Any questions, you know where to find the answers. Me and Adrimo both got non original engines. I got a brabus roadster in a 450 smart 700cc and his got roadster engine in 600cc fortwo

Thanks guys, just sorting out carriage for the full engine, it comes with the roadster exhaust, will this fit the 450.

If it all works out, It would be great to go from a bad situation, to a fun project.....

:-)

No roadster exhaust will not fit but u can sell it to fund your new exhaust

I bought a sport exhaust and cut of the flange and got the roadster flange welded on as its bigger than the 450 original flange.
    I'm a big boy and I like my toys

Ok looks like the engine is sorted, complete with gearbox starter alternator etc, so I will have some bits to sell on afterwards. I don't know if there is a market for secondhand roadster gearboxes!

I can mig weld so will make some sort of exhaust up, or make the roadster one fit. Or adapt something. My 450 exhaust is a bit iffy as the edge has a few holes in it I have had to weld.

Any more tips I need to think about? I'm sure I will be back on will questions when the engine arrives.

Ok, it seems best to start a new thread in the correct section. Thanks everybody for your help so far, and if you don't mind I'll have a couple of questions there.

I will have spare bits to sell off, and will post them up as and when the motor is in.

Kessa