Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drives me Mad !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 42Haya View Post
    Had another great one today, lady in a BMW who didn't use her handbrake in traffic, almost rolled in to me. The look on her face after some aggressive horn honking, too busy fiddling around with something on the passenger seat
    Dickheads who don't use their handbrakes full stop. I don't like being given a faceful of brake light, especially with some of the newer LED lights (which I know I have). It's not that difficult, even I can manage it in an auto.

I have a dashcam app. Didn't cost that much and saves short segments of video to your phone, although it does only work front facing.

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

you seem to have a real issue with lights stacey - at least you've moved on from front DRLs / fogs

what about if you are following a car down a hill for a long time?

ok i agree its frustrating that people don't use the handbrake at traffic lights but one of the key issues is that if you get rear ended and your foot slips off the brake the handbrake stops you heading off into the car in front or worse, oncoming traffic.

but a brake light is part of every day driving. if its an issue when stopped at lights then it must be an issue while driving.

bright lighting on cars is an every day issue

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

People hogging the outer two lanes of the motorway. Not sure what it is but the M53 and M56 are terrible for this at the moment. Lane discipline is not hard if practised.

Quotes to have your windows changed on your house, it's like playing the lottery with the numbers that get generated.
    Follow the Hayabusa powered Smart Fortwo build here

YouTube Video's Here

Quote Originally Posted by 42Haya View Post
    Quotes to have your windows changed on your house, it's like playing the lottery with the numbers that get generated.

No openings is a lot cheaper lol
    NoHairClaire.x
    'WhaT doesn't Kill you maKes you strAnger'

Quote Originally Posted by NoHairClaire View Post
    No openings is a lot cheaper lol
    Yep, have them all bricked up...
    Apart from the extra vitamin D pills and lighting costs you'll need you'll be onto a winner .... ind the reduced heating costs will offset both of those....so win win situation.
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Very tempting but windows have now been ordered Now on to the driveway
    Follow the Hayabusa powered Smart Fortwo build here

YouTube Video's Here

Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    Yep, have them all bricked up...
    Just like the good old days!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_tax

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild1976 View Post
    you seem to have a real issue with lights stacey - at least you've moved on from front DRLs / fogs

what about if you are following a car down a hill for a long time?

ok i agree its frustrating that people don't use the handbrake at traffic lights but one of the key issues is that if you get rear ended and your foot slips off the brake the handbrake stops you heading off into the car in front or worse, oncoming traffic.

but a brake light is part of every day driving. if its an issue when stopped at lights then it must be an issue while driving.

bright lighting on cars is an every day issue

JJ
    I've never had an issue with DRL's, just the numpties who think they can use them instead of dipped beams.

I have a problem with any illegal/misuse of lights. Generally because I like to be able to see when I'm driving and when other people misuse their lights it makes it harder to do so.

I make my named drivers use the handbrake at junctions because I'm very conscious that Nellie's lights are very bright (and I'm aware that it's safer to have the handbrake on if someone rear ends you), one of the reasons I dislike stop/start technology. It just encourages bad driving practices.

Today's irritation is people staring. Feck off!

Anastasia
    Mr Poo - Mk5 450 Pulse
    Honky - 451 Passion Diesel
    Nellie - 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander

Sleekit folk!! People who complain behind your back!