Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Loss of power 2009 451CDI

  1. #11
    I have SOLVED the problems on probably 10 54bhp CDi 451s
    So IF you do it properly first time then the problem doesn't come back
    Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

    020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
    07702948467
    STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno.
    Key codingTAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    BANCHORY
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Performance View Post
    I have SOLVED the problems on probably 10 54bhp CDi 451s
    So IF you do it properly first time then the problem doesn't come back
    SOLVED? I think I understand what you mean. Tampering with emission control equipment is unlawful in some states and territories and perhaps will soon be here too. A real pity that is the only fix that works.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    7
    Looks like I've opened a can of worms
    Having viewed many members comments the loss of power on2009 onwards CDI s is complex and like finding a needle in the proverbial haystack
    I have decided to have all the fault codes displayed and reviewed then deleted and wait until the next power failure
    Then trace the code and if it complements any previous codes
    No idea what I am doing really but so far no real advice from forum.
    A bit disappointed really

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushy77 View Post
    No idea what I am doing really but so far no real advice from forum.
    A bit disappointed really
    Listen to that Mr Big's advice, he's a tuner and repairer for a day job, and he also suggested another specialist smartstuff.
    There's your real advice, speak to them both
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Somewhere on the Wirral
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushy77 View Post
    Looks like I've opened a can of worms
    Having viewed many members comments the loss of power on2009 onwards CDI s is complex and like finding a needle in the proverbial haystack
    I have decided to have all the fault codes displayed and reviewed then deleted and wait until the next power failure
    Then trace the code and if it complements any previous codes
    No idea what I am doing really but so far no real advice from forum.
    A bit disappointed really
    Is the car a 54bhp CDI? As tolsen mentioned in a previous e-mail, Evilution has information on this. The DPF filter can be problematic if the car is being used for short trips only, so it gets blocked up and then cannot regenerate because it is not hot enough to do this (I know you mention this happening on the motorway so it may not be the DPF itself). Sadly, seems to be the sensors that are prone to failure here.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    BANCHORY
    Posts
    3,149
    Found on gov.uk:

    It is an offence under the Road vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations (Regulation 61a(3))1 to use a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards it was designed to meet. Removal of a DPF will almost invariably contravene these requirements, making the vehicle illegal for road use. The potential penalties for failing to comply with Regulation 61a are fines of up to 1,000 for a car or 2,500 for a light goods vehicle.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    The DPF filter can be problematic if the car is being used for short trips only, so it gets blocked up and then cannot regenerate because it is not hot enough to do this (I know you mention this happening on the motorway so it may not be the DPF itself)
    This is a common risk on all modern DPF equipped diesels to be fair if they don't get driven hard ... or rather if the drivers like to tootle round in 8th gear at 300rpm
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Somewhere on the Wirral
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    This is a common risk on all modern DPF equipped diesels to be fair if they don't get driven hard ... or rather if the drivers like to tootle round in 8th gear at 300rpm
    Aye, this be true (my boss was asking about his Peugeot HDI today in which only short trips were being done) but do you not think might be more of an issue with the 451 given the whole city-car bumph?

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by tolsen View Post
    SOLVED? I think I understand what you mean. Tampering with emission control equipment is unlawful in some states and territories and perhaps will soon be here too. A real pity that is the only fix that works.
    I DONT tamper with the system. I FIX the problems and the egr and dpf are working exactly as they did when they left the factory.
    Dont talk about things YOU know nothing about. Specifically what I do to solve the problem
    Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

    020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
    07702948467
    STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno.
    Key codingTAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wells
    Posts
    1,540
    And we have a customer who lives on Guernsey and has a 54 cdi, it's only run is when his son brings it over for service once a year & he has no issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •