View Poll Results: EU Referendum - remain or leave?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain in the EU.

9 39.13%
  • Leave the EU.

12 52.17%
  • I honestly do not know what we should do.

2 8.70%
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: EU Referendum - Remain or leave?

Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    Oooooh look, another half million since this morning :

Its up at 3,518,022 right now
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    Oooooh look, another half million since this morning :

Its up at 3,518,022 right now
    And a lot of them are North Korean and Vatican city ID's :

Seems pranksters have added a load of fake addresses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-more-than-39/

This proposed second referendum isn't going to happen - not right now at least.
    By the time the Tories and Labour get their acts together Article 50 will still be in the long grass where BJ kicked it. Will it ever be retrieved? Depends on who is PM. If BJ gets the ticket - well he is on record as wanting a second referendum (the first one just to spook the EU) and doubtful that it will yield the same leave response (it wont be held if it looks like returning a leave verdict again).
    If not BJ as PM then Article 50 without a second referendum wont be so easy to ignore. Parliament could vote down its implementation - and face the wrath of the electorate screaming 'dictatorship'. But there is a gulf between dictatorship and wise heads prevailing over mob rule. This risks the wrath of HRH and which politician as PM has the balls to do that? And abdication (to my and Charlie's disdain) still seems a long way off.

As my friend says - the public can't be trusted with serious matters. They can barely be trusted with tv and Internet voting

Boaty mc boat face
    A dog winning britains got talent
    Wagner/Jedward/Gareth Gates on Xfactor
    John Sargent on strictly
    Big brother in it's entirety
    You say we pay on This Morning
    People who actually ring up in babecast when the Internet is awash with free adult content

Do I need to go on?

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild1976 View Post

glad we disagree again - was starting to feel too much bromance (i don't even know what that is)

JJ

Bromance : a close but non-sexual relationship between two men
    NoHairClaire.x
    'WhaT doesn't Kill you maKes you strAnger'

Do I need to go on?

JJ
    Yes JJ. You have children and they need you!

What do you reckon? Push on with Brexit or find a way of blocking it in parliament?

Claire - I know what bromance is .... Wasn't quite so sure abou the banana riding a llama

I am a very bromantic metrosexual

Pinger - we are the Uk. We are the best in the world at muddling through, making the most of crap situations and generally moaning even when times are good.

What annoys me isn't the decision so much, it's how the result was achieved!
    I may had voted out if I'd heard a truly valid argument but I didn't so I stuck with what I know (knowin reforms were being championed across the EU countries)

What sums it up is my 48yr old female hairdresser. When I asked her what she voted she said leave. When I asked about why she voted leave she said it wasn't about the polish immigrants as they work hard it was the bad ones we don't want. Asking for clarification she replied (direct quote) "The thousands of sumalians. Sorry about spelling"

Face palm giant sigh falls to me knees looks to the sky has another shot of whiskey and goes to bed ashened face

When I explained about her geographical innacuracy and how that has resulted in economic turbulence, the collapse of an elected government and general pointing and laughing from across the EU she replied "oops"

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

Claire - I know what bromance is .... Wasn't quite so sure abou the banana riding a llama

JJ

Lol ......... I know I'm sorry I couldn't resist
    NoHairClaire.x
    'WhaT doesn't Kill you maKes you strAnger'

What annoys me isn't the decision so much, it's how the result was achieved!

JJ
    More mob rule than functioning democracy?

Parliament does not have to allow Brexit. It can vote it down. It will only have the balls to do that if it believes the public support it. In the absence of that occurring on a short time scale, I suspect this will be kicked into the long grass for a while though it very much depends on who is next PM. Boris would happily bury it (it has done everything required for him to reach No10 - mission accomplished and he isn't a natural Brexiter). Gove - different fish that one. One thing is pretty certain. It's going to drag out for some time. October is the earliest there will even be a new PM (according to DC). Meanwhile, the rest of the world is thrown into turmoil and will not thank us. All those decades building 'soft power' wasted.

You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!